Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ceed SW 1.4 T-GDi DCT, GT-line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my 2019 Ceed SW 1.4 T-GDi DCT, GT-line. When in Sport mode and driving at a constant speed on a flat road (most noticeable at lower speed under 50 km/h), instead of giving just enough throttle to maintain a constant speed, the throttle keeps turning on and off every one or two seconds. This is not due to releasing the peddle and pressing it down again, it happens when the peddle is at the exact same position. It is as if it turns on and off alternating between maybe 0% and 20% throttle, instead of staying at just a few percent needed to maintain a constant speed. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Does anyone have the same experience, is this a fault and can it be fixed by for example reprogramming the throttle response curve or something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does no one else have this experience? Do you reckon there is something wrong with my car then?

·
Registered
Kia ceed sw my20
1 Posts
I have the same situation. Issue only in sport mode and quite annoying. Still haven't contacted dealer ragarding this. Do you have any information, or this is no more occuring?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,406 Posts
I have the same situation. Issue only in sport mode and quite annoying. Still haven't contacted dealer ragarding this. Do you have any information, or this is no more occuring?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer tried to just discard this by saying it is normal with a DCT gearbox, but it has nothing to do with this: in neutral standing still the revs go directly from idle to just under 2000 when not in sport mode, it is not possible to just give it a little gas. So it is a problem probably with the throttle sensor. I'm telling the dealer to get this sorted out, it is really annoying. I also have issues with dirt under the paint, ad the horn does not work. I am never getting a KIA again, they really are crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts