Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if you knew what the solution to my problem was. I had my obd2 scanner in my 2010 cerato, and when I floored the throttle, the scanner said i only had 85% throttle. Is there a quick and easy way to fix this? What are your thoughts on this?

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,607 Posts
Hey guys, I was wondering if you knew what the solution to my problem was. I had my obd2 scanner in my 2010 cerato, and when I floored the throttle, the scanner said i only had 85% throttle. Is there a quick and easy way to fix this? What are your thoughts on this?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
631 Posts
Quite possible that limit to 85% is built into the software to prevent over rev of the engine while not in gear.
In other words, an electronic governor built into the software to protect the engine.
Are you having some specific issue, or were you just playing around with the scan tool?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts