Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
sportage/ Ford XR6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mucked around with the throttle body screw stop to obtain idle after having an issue. :mad:
Can it be reset back to where it should be, I have screwed it back to where I thought it was and have an idle of approx 900, everything is working fine, but want to make sure that the TPS has not been altered and incorrect.

Any ideas, I have a downloaded manual copy but i can't seem to find that anywhere.......

·
Registered
2-2000 1-2006ALL SPORTAGES also 96 dodge van to transport dogs and 84 gmc snow plow.
340 Posts
The iac controls the idle. It should be 850 +/- 50 rpms. I had the same problem so what i did was let iac set the idle after warm up . Adjust the screw in just touching throttle stop. Making sure the throttle cable has little slake .lock the nut while holding the screw from turning. Mines been working fine for 3 years.

Chief

·
Registered
sportage/ Ford XR6
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chief, I will give that a go, I recently rebuilt me engine but when i but her all back together i reconnected the TPS and IAC plugs arse about and had to up the idle to get it to run...... well sort of run.

A guy called Galf set me straight on that one.......thanks again...:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts