Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
This says it all
" KEY: WE DON'T CUT AND RUN
It would take months, not days, for New Zealand to withdraw, Key said.
"We made a commitment... I don't think we are the type of country that cuts and runs."
There were three large New Zealand bases with about 150 troops and the soldiers were supporting New Zealand aid workers in the province.
Key said the three troops were killed instantly as a result of an "enormous explosion" from a road-side bomb.
A LAV would have been carrying seven troops, so more people could have been killed if they were not in the humvees, Key said.
The blast was attributed to bomb makers who were part of a new insurgent group the New Zealanders had been targeting. "

Thank you for NZ for taking a stand against these brainless thugs.
I'll pray for them, their family, and New Zealand.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
I couldn't have said it better than this comment at the end of the article by an NZ citizen...

Quote...
Hone #240 11:46 am Aug 20 2012
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Of course it is much easier to surrender the liberty of "others" to preserve ones own "safety".

How much harder is it then to risk your own safety for the liberty of others? Are Afghanis not deserving of liberty? Possibly not, from the comments of some.

Let us honour the dead for what they have bravely tried to do.
Unquote

The fight for freedom of all people WILL go on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts