Kia Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
62 Posts

Installed the mud guards. Took 30 minutes because I needed to go out and get a set of tools I thought I still had. They are kind of small and you don't really notice them. Hopefully they do their job. They were sealed and came in original packaging from what I can tell. It even had the new kia logo on the sticker. Paid $59 for them, good deal considering they are almost twice the price from the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
View attachment 118522 View attachment 118518 View attachment 118519 View attachment 118521 View attachment 118520
Installed the mud guards. Took 30 minutes because I needed to go out and get a set of tools I thought I still had. They are kind of small and you don't really notice them. Hopefully they do their job. They were sealed and came in original packaging from what I can tell. It even had the new kia logo on the sticker. Paid $59 for them, good deal considering they are almost twice the price from the dealer.
Nice, thank you for the pics! Where did you get them again? If there’s a link for ordering them online, be great if you can share. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
62 Posts
Nice, thank you for the pics! Where did you get them again? If there’s a link for ordering them online, be great if you can share. Thanks!
Yeah no problem!

I ordered them on April 2nd and it arrived yesterday April 19th. Shipping says it takes around 10 to 30 business days. I haven't seen them any cheaper online but $59 isn't bad.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yeah no problem!

I ordered them on April 2nd and it arrived yesterday April 19th. Shipping says it takes around 10 to 30 business days. I haven't seen them any cheaper online but $59 isn't bad.
Thanks for sharing the info, and for validating this supplier. Normally I’d be hesitant to order international, but your experience gives me confidence!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info, and for validating this supplier. Normally I’d be hesitant to order international, but your experience gives me confidence!
I ordered my mud guards 22 days ago. Hopefully they show up within the 30 days. According to the tracking, the package is still in korea.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my mud guards 22 days ago. Hopefully they show up within the 30 days. According to the tracking, the package is still in korea.
Their tracking is weird. I had to track it through 2 or 3 systems. It gives you the flight number the package it's supposed to ship with. You can track the flight but there is usually a massive delay since I guess it just sits at airport for a few days. Mine went to Alaska and I'm in jersey, so I feel like it would take longer since I'm on the other side of the country.

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
131 Posts
View attachment 118522 View attachment 118518 View attachment 118519 View attachment 118521 View attachment 118520
What tools did you need or where they just clips ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
What tools did you need or where they just clips ?
I used a regular phillips head screwdriver for most of the screws. You don't have much space to work with for two of the screws by the rear tires. I needed a very small socket wrench with a bit adapter to get them out. The guy at autozone told me I might need to remove my rear tires to get the screw out. Thankfully I didn't listen and found a small enough wrench. The front two mud guards have a hole on the bottom that needs to be secured with a clip. The mud guards didn't come with screws or clips. I used the screws that were already in the car but my car didn't have those two bottom clips. They don't make much of a difference as the front guards are secured by 3 screws. The rear guards use two screws and a clip near the bottom, that clip is already in the car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Just confirmed that the 12V charger in the 2nd row can draw power from the battery without the engine running. This requires touching the start button, which also fires up the front display, but that can turned back off. It does trigger the warning about draining the battery, which is understandable and helpful.

I’m cautiously optimistic about this, because it could enable running a 12V fan which in turn could enable camping in the car on a hot summer night. Will have to ensure it’s an efficient fan which doesn’t drain the battery, or ideally a fan with a rechargeable battery that charges when the car is running and can run on battery power through the night. If you are aware of products that may fit the bill, please share.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
43 Posts
I’m cautiously optimistic about this, because it could enable running a 12V fan which in turn could enable camping in the car on a hot summer night. Will have to ensure it’s an efficient fan which doesn’t drain the battery, or ideally a fan with a rechargeable battery that charges when the car is running and can run on battery power through the night. If you are aware of products that may fit the bill, please share.
If that's your sole reason wanting to use that 12v outlet, I'd highly recommended going with a rechargeable power bank instead, along with USB powered (i.e., 5v) fans. You should avoid using your car battery for that kind of stuff unless you have a way of actively monitoring its health/charge.

For camping, I own both small li-ion batteries like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW and larger ones like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D29QNMJ. The fans I use (https://www.amazon.com/Keynice-Personal-Applications-Portable-Cooling/dp/B01GZMMH7K) in our camper last for several nights off the small ones, and barely even make a dent on the big one.

1620067875207.png 1620067840366.png 1620067858693.png

As you mentioned, they do make similar fans with built-in batteries, but those are unitaskers that don't allow you to also charge your phone, run some lights, etc.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
If that's your sole reason wanting to use that 12v outlet, I'd highly recommended going with a rechargeable power bank instead, along with USB powered (i.e., 5v) fans. You should avoid using your car battery for that kind of stuff unless you have a way of actively monitoring its health/charge.

For camping, I own both small li-ion batteries like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JIWQPMW and larger ones like this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D29QNMJ. The fans I use (https://www.amazon.com/Keynice-Personal-Applications-Portable-Cooling/dp/B01GZMMH7K) in our camper last for several nights off the small ones, and barely even make a dent on the big one.

View attachment 118818 View attachment 118816 View attachment 118817

As you mentioned, they do make similar fans with built-in batteries, but those are unitaskers that don't allow you to also charge your phone, run some lights, etc.
Many thank for the pointers and product recommendations, this is incredibly helpful. I forgot there were USB rechargeable mini-fans, I feel that might fit the bill perfectly, as long as I can find one that can run for a few hours on a fully charged battery. My use case would be to keep one or two plugged in to one of the rear USB ports, so I have fans to use in a pinch, whether I plan to sleep in the back of the car or a tent outside. I’ve heard Li-ion batteries lose potency when it gets too hot, so will be interesting to see if they can survive a summer inside the car.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts