Kia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
This USB thumbdrive works great for me in that regard, though it means giving up the center USB port that you're probably using for phone mirroring*:

View attachment 118341

It's insanely tiny, and easily holds the 8000 tracks that I believe is the system's limit.

*I tried Android Auto for a bit when I got the Sorento, but didn't love the low resolution or lack of a fullscreen option. I use the RAM mount from my old car and just connect via BT instead.
Thank you for the tip about this USB drive, it looks impressively small! Will definitely acquire it, if only to have my music handy in the car in a pinch.

What exactly is the RAM mount? Asking as it seems like it might be useful. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Discovered a feature that I found to be relatively helpful. If you activate UVO on the Sorento from the onscreen Setup, and then download the Kia access app on your smartphone and login, you can activate a few useful features remotely from your phone. Probably the most useful of these for me is a notification on your phone that the car is unlocked after you walk away from it. In this situation, you can lock the car remotely from the phone app. I will say that the app GUI is bit confusing, so you might want to try the using it in the vicinity of the car so you can see and learn what the app is making the car do. Another cool action is the ability to start the car remotely with your phone.

I haven’t explored this fully and am not totally aware of how it all works, but I suspect the car is able to receive a signal over cellular or satellite networks. Not the slickest implementation, but the fact that it works is amazing.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
43 Posts
Yeah, the app is nice. You can set a custom remote start profile that will, for example, cool the car and the seats (OR heat them along with steering wheel).

It's a shame that the top tier UVO service is so expensive after the 1 year trial is up.

What exactly is the RAM mount? Asking as it seems like it might be useful. Thanks in advance!
Just a particularly effective phone mount, popular in overlanding circles.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yeah, the app is nice. You can set a custom remote start profile that will, for example, cool the car and the seats (OR heat them along with steering wheel).

It's a shame that the top tier UVO service is so expensive after the 1 year trial is up.

Just a particularly effective phone mount, popular in overlanding circles.

Thanks for the info on the RAM mount, and for the heads up that the UVO service was a trial, as well as that one could remote start with cooling or heating. Sucks about the limited trial, but not bad that they let us use it for a year.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
62 Posts
Thanks for the info on the RAM mount, and for the heads up that the UVO service was a trial, as well as that one could remote start with cooling or heating. Sucks about the limited trial, but not bad that they let us use it for a year.
Hyundai bluelink is the equivalent of UVO and you get it free for 3 years. I really wish Kia would do the same. Also, there's a cool feature on the UVO app that let's you take a 360 picture of the cars location and let's you view it in the app. Might be useful, might not be but it's a cool feature nonetheless.

·
Registered
2021 KIA Sorento SX XLINE Glacial White Pearl
85 Posts
Hyundai bluelink is the equivalent of UVO and you get it free for 3 years. I really wish Kia would do the same. Also, there's a cool feature on the UVO app that let's you take a 360 picture of the cars location and let's you view it in the app. Might be useful, might not be but it's a cool feature nonetheless.
My volvo and my Jeep gave you a 4 year trial and here we get 1yr smh.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento SX X-Line in Sparking Silver and 2019 Hyundai Tucson Sport in White
62 Posts
My volvo and my Jeep gave you a 4 year trial and here we get 1yr smh.
Lol at least it's not as expensive as when the 3 year trial for bluelink expires. Bluelink for my 2016 Tucson after the free trial was $400 a year. All the best usable features were only available for the most expensive tier and you couldn't just get a package with some of the features. You needed all 3 tier packages for a simple remote start. I never used any of the other features but I had to pay $400 a year just to remote start the car.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I have yet to add the vinyl emblems to the front or back of my car, its raining every other day in jersey. But I did add it to my steering wheel and it looks nice. I do want to actually change all the emblems to just a matte or satin black ones but this will do for now. Hopefully next weekend is nice enough for me to get them done and not worry about the rain messing it up after a day or two.

·
Registered
2021 KIA Sorento SX XLINE Glacial White Pearl
85 Posts
Lol at least it's not as expensive as when the 3 year trial for bluelink expires. Bluelink for my 2016 Tucson after the free trial was $400 a year. All the best usable features were only available for the most expensive tier and you couldn't just get a package with some of the features. You needed all 3 tier packages for a simple remote start. I never used any of the other features but I had to pay $400 a year just to remote start the car.
$400 a year?!!!!! They are proud of their service I see.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
So I have yet to add the vinyl emblems to the front or back of my car, its raining every other day in jersey. But I did add it to my steering wheel and it looks nice. I do want to actually change all the emblems to just a matte or satin black ones but this will do for now. Hopefully next weekend is nice enough for me to get them done and not worry about the rain messing it up after a day or two. View attachment 118367
Sweet - is this a new Kia emblem?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I tried to change the maintenance intervals on my X-line the other day and gave up after fumbling through the menus. Anybody have that down and can share? I just want to move my first oil change interval to 4000 miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sweet - is this a new Kia emblem?
It's been around for quite some time actually. I wanted them for my 2014 Forte5 back then but never got them. These are just a little bit of a different colorway. Matte black background with silver. I really do like the new emblem kia came out with this year. Shame we don't get it in the new Sorento.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Excuse the dirty garage floor, it's an apartment garage and no one ever cleans them when you become a new tenant lol So the side bars/running boards came in today. I've never owned a car that had them and I've never installed them on a car either. They look and feel good to me. The box was about 31 lbs and they both have a decent weight to them. All the black parts are plastic which I guess is normal. All the silver parts are aluminum. They look and feel like they are good quality to me. I will try to install them myself in a few weeks. The instructions given to me weren't the best. I've yet to see any videos on the installation of these on a new Sorento. My mud guards should arrive by the end of the month so I might as well wait to install them all together. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any input on whether these are good or not.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
View attachment 118416 View attachment 118417 View attachment 118418 View attachment 118419 View attachment 118420
Excuse the dirty garage floor, it's an apartment garage and no one ever cleans them when you become a new tenant lol So the side bars/running boards came in today. I've never owned a car that had them and I've never installed them on a car either. They look and feel good to me. The box was about 31 lbs and they both have a decent weight to them. All the black parts are plastic which I guess is normal. All the silver parts are aluminum. They look and feel like they are good quality to me. I will try to install them myself in a few weeks. The instructions given to me weren't the best. I've yet to see any videos on the installation of these on a new Sorento. My mud guards should arrive by the end of the month so I might as well wait to install them all together. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any input on whether these are good or not.
Thanks!
Thanks for sharing the pics. They certainly look well crafted! Look forward to your update on how the install goes and how they connect to the body and how they perform. I see myself using them as a step stool to load / unload rooftop carriers and cargo, so I’m hoping the board and fasteners are strong and secure enough to handle a point weight of ~200lb without buckling.

·
Registered
USA 2021 Kia Sorento, SX X-Line Green Rust
131 Posts
Saw a k5 today with the amber daytime running lights and know the telluride has amber lights, I think the Sorento would look great with amber lights instead of white one

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Saw in the “quibbles” thread that some new owners had tire pressures as high as 50psig. So I checked mine, and sure enough, they were all 40+ psig. Feel like a chump that I did my first 1,000+ miles on overinflated tires. Might explain the odd road feel and poor mileage that I reported earlier. Have bled the tires down to the recommended 35 psig, and will report back on whether I see any changes in the ride or mileage. Be nice if the system provided an over inflation warning.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX X-Line
43 Posts
Saw a k5 today with the amber daytime running lights and know the telluride has amber lights, I think the Sorento would look great with amber lights instead of white one
It would, for sure, but I also like the white/amber contrast when you turn the blinkers on. Also, there's a tiny amber 'eyelash' above the white DRLS that I think looks quite nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally added my vinyl emblem cover to my car. I haven't washed my car but I cleaned the emblems very well before sticking them on. Hopefully after the cars first wash they don't peel off. Placement was a bitch since its not a flat emblem but the steering wheel one was very easy. Overall they look nice, especially since the car is silver. My mud flaps should arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'll install those this week and add pictures in case anyone is interested in those.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Finally added my vinyl emblem cover to my car. I haven't washed my car but I cleaned the emblems very well before sticking them on. Hopefully after the cars first wash they don't peel off. Placement was a bitch since its not a flat emblem but the steering wheel one was very easy. Overall they look nice, especially since the car is silver. My mud flaps should arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'll install those this week and add pictures in case anyone is interested in those. View attachment 118506 View attachment 118507 View attachment 118508
Looks nice, thanks for sharing pics!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts