Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the world do I change the auto climate control screen to read in Celcius? :confused:

I can change the outside temperature one, no problem - but inside? Ugh. I've been over the monster-sized manual a thousand times now, and I still can't find where they would list this procedure (hint to Kia: it should be dead simple and obvious).

Anyone?

·
Registered
KIA Rio 1.4 CVVT 6MT/ 7" NAV/ 17"/ Leather/ Electric blue
35 Posts
Maybe this is possible only by KIA GDS software.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe this is possible only by KIA GDS software.
Really? Yikes. That would not be nice. I sure hope this isn't the case though....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it! After getting thoroughly fed up, I called my local Kia dealer. Sure enough, it's not in the manual how to reset your auto climate control screen temperature from English to metric. But for anyone who is curious, here is how you do it:

Hold down the following 3 buttons at once:
- Temp (the round dial, center)
- Fan Speed (the other round dial, center)
- Mode (the wide toggle switch below the LCD screen)

Hold for a few seconds then let go. It seems odd, as nothing really happens on screen, it just shows your normal airflow modes pictures... but nothing else. But when you let go of the buttons, your temp indicator comes back on is in now Celcuis (and adjusts within .5 degrees... nice).

Yay!!!!

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,513 Posts
Should have been set that way from the factory for Canadian cars. Mine was.
something like this should be checked and set when they PDI the vehicle. :) but then again it should be clearly stated in the owners manual on how to do it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Found it! After getting thoroughly fed up, I called my local Kia dealer. Sure enough, it's not in the manual how to reset your auto climate control screen temperature from English to metric. But for anyone who is curious, here is how you do it:

Hold down the following 3 buttons at once:
- Temp (the round dial, center)
- Fan Speed (the other round dial, center)
- Mode (the wide toggle switch below the LCD screen)

Hold for a few seconds then let go. It seems odd, as nothing really happens on screen, it just shows your normal airflow modes pictures... but nothing else. But when you let go of the buttons, your temp indicator comes back on is in now Celcuis (and adjusts within .5 degrees... nice).

Yay!!!!
Nice :)
If you do it again what will happen, back to Fahrenheit?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looooooool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts