Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YUP, Got the wife the G6 gt and joined a forum for that ride. It was the same format as ours was before the change, so felt quite comfortable navigating it right off. Today they made the switch to this style format...I'll see how it helps/hurts the membership activity there....the activity is REAL LOW over there for a dead brand, model specific forum!

Reactions: ron1004

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,134 Posts
YUP, Got the wife the G6 gt and joined a forum for that ride. It was the same format as ours was before the change, so felt quite comfortable navigating it right off. Today they made the switch to this style format...I'll see how it helps/hurts the membership activity there....the activity is REAL LOW over there for a dead brand, model specific forum!
I frequent 3 forums using the XenForo platform, and only one of the 3 is very intelligently configured, and its not this one.

The transfer from the old platform to this one was shockingly poor.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I hear you, Been on that forum for just a month and am their top poster for the month already (50 posts)!
I have still stayed with the forum I was with for my 98 Avenger and I've never heard a complaint of site navigation, posting issues in my time there. I personally think it's the best of 5 forums I participate on.

BTW: Ron.. is it proper if I were to name it here????

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,134 Posts
Yes, I hear you, Been on that forum for just a month and am their top poster for the month already (50 posts)!
I have still stayed with the forum I was with for my 98 Avenger and I've never heard a complaint of site navigation, posting issues in my time there. I personally think it's the best of 5 forums I participate on.

BTW: Ron.. is it proper if I were to name it here????
I see no problem naming it here , go ahead.

I frequent this Mustang forum, which uses the same platform as this one, but it is well configured.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK... I really like the Format that avengerforumz.com uses. And they use much the same for other Dodge models under the forumz site name.

Reactions: ron1004

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
OK... I really like the Format that avengerforumz.com uses. And they use much the same for other Dodge models under the forumz site name.

Yes, it is a nice layout - not sure what platform that is (I lack IT skills).

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see no problem naming it here , go ahead.

I frequent this Mustang forum, which uses the same platform as this one, but it is well configured.
I see the similarity...But yes that looks quite a bit better. Would still take me some time to "settle in" on that layout if being a newcomer to it....

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, this Forum Format may LOOK nice and "modern". But on the G6 Forum I now also participate on, it's driven many of the "long time" members away and only drawing FB,Twitter YOUNG people looking for IMMEDIATE ANSWERS to their concerns(and looking for simple "plug and play" parts answers)! I hate reading so many posts like "my car's not running well and the CEL is on...WHAT'S WRONG"!

·
Super Moderator
11,134 Posts
Well, this Forum Format may LOOK nice and "modern". But on the G6 Forum I now also participate on, it's driven many of the "long time" members away and only drawing FB,Twitter YOUNG people looking for IMMEDIATE ANSWERS to their concerns(and looking for simple "plug and play" parts answers)! I hate reading so many posts like "my car's not running well and the CEL is on...WHAT'S WRONG"!
Can't post a lengthy descriptive post while driving !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I think you're right about that! And over there there is no real effort to have people even post of what year and engine they have, much less on location....Tried to respond to a poster there once only to find out he had a NA market car in the Netherlands and was looking for parts and repair help. Also looking for self leveling EU spec headlights...that I'm not sure were even available as a EU market car.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage EX 2.7L
59 Posts
I'm a Saab owner and visit a Saab forum daily, or used to before the new setup. I now visit once a week. I've still got 2 others for different makes that I've been regularly visiting for 10 years or so that haven't changed. Really hope they don't.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a Saab owner and visit a Saab forum daily, or used to before the new setup. I now visit once a week. I've still got 2 others for different makes that I've been regularly visiting for 10 years or so that haven't changed. Really hope they don't.
SAAB?? they have a members website?? Last I knew they had an enthusiasts magazine since I was last associated with family having one of that brand, a 1978 model!:LOL: Doing a water pump on one of that vintage was a ROYAL PAIN. Enjoy whatever year/model Saab you've got!
And yes, Ithink these new formats are really turning off longtime members of the old style forum platforms too!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sportage EX 2.7L
59 Posts
SAAB?? they have a members website?? Last I knew they had an enthusiasts magazine since I was last associated with family having one of that brand, a 1978 model!:LOL: Doing a water pump on one of that vintage was a ROYAL PAIN. Enjoy whatever year/model Saab you've got!
And yes, Ithink these new formats are really turning off longtime members of the old style forum platforms too!
78? Yeah that's been awhile. I've got a 2008 when they were owned by GM. So another abandoned GM nameplate just like your G6. I'd have a hard time keeping any of my vehicles going if not for these forums. I'm slowly getting used to this one, but every time I go back to the old one it's nice. The owners of this site could probably drum up some $ by offering the old version on subscription.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts