Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Sportage
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding the Sedona, to go along with my Sportage.

What can you tell me about the 2008 model? What distinguishes swb vs lwb? Can you remove the rear seating with out modifying the interior?

What are the good & bad points of your Sedona?

Anything to help have a knowledgeable purchase would be appreciated.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,145 Posts
I would recommend the 08 Sedona. After two model years, Kia pretty much had the bugs worked out by then. I have two 06 Sedonas. One with 187,000 miles, and the other with 213,000 miles, and they have been great vehicles. Things that are pretty common repair are:
*Cradle mount bushings
*Sway Bar links
*Sliding door latches (may have been fixed by 08, check with your dealer)
I'm sure I'm missing some, but those are really the only issues mine have had. The main thing that distinguishes between SWB and LWB is obviously the length. Other distinguishing points would be:
*LWB models will have 'LX' or 'EX' at the lower right corner of the tailgate
*SWB models have removable 3rd row seats, while LWB models have fold-in-the-floor 3rd row seats. They fold COMPLETELY flat, and leave a nice deep well when they are in the upright position.
*SWB models have a lower-grade cloth interior.
-
Both of my Sedonas are LWB models, one is LX and one is EX. The 2nd row seats come out very easily. The 3rd row seats fold flat, but if you REALLY want to take them out, each side is held in by only 4 bolts, so they can be removed easily with 10 minutes and 12 mm and 14 mm sockets. I can't really give you too many bad points about the Sedona, because I don't really have any. I usually get great fuel economy, the ride is smooth and comfortable...and thanks to a low residual value, you can pick up a used one dirt cheap!!

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,412 Posts
Gregskia pretty much said it all. The only things I could add is that they are tough on brakes, but its a minivan, so thats a given. If they're not driven like a sports car they are usually fine. The LX model will have 16" wheels vs. the 17s on the EX, so generally tires will be cheaper.

If it were me, if the price was right and the condition was good, I would pick it up in an instant. I'm still kinda kicking myself for not getting a Sedona instead of my Optima, but the price was right.

·
Registered
2007 Sportage
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it very much. The information will help in my finding the right one. That one is gone already, obviously a good deal, but I'll have more knowledge on the next one.
Any one have anything, I'll keep my eyes open, thanks again.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
I bought my 2011 Sedona LX with 27,600 miles on it, it was a retired rental from Enterprise (I did not purchase it from Enterprise, though.) I paid $3,000 below blue book and $11,000 below original window sticker. So far, it's been a great vehicle. Only things I have noticed is that it is hard on brakes and tires. If you do your own maintenance, it's a breeze to work on so far. Only thing I have done to it so far is two oil changes, but they were really easy with no cursing. I would recommend the Sedona to anyone who wants a solid no-frills workhorse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts