Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I a considering purchasing a two year old Kia Sorento for road use and towing my 1400kg caravan, and would appreciate your coments.

Cheers

Steve Oxford UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a fairly recent convert to the Sorento XS Auto I can entirely recommend it for all purposes. I use it to go to work in and it also tows my 1500Kg 'van without fuss.I thought my previousl car , a Shogun, would take some equalling, but the Sorento makes a beautiful tug. Cannot think of anything that has disappointed except perhaps mpg, which can be greatly affected by the right foot !!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought my first Sorento XE 5 speed auto in Sept 04 for towing my rather heavy caravan, brilliant tow car! Carvan is under complete control whereas I was put off towing by previous car(Skoda Octavia estate) as we nearly turned over twice in one day!
Just upgraded two weeks ago to the same but an XS this time. Towing is even better! The permanent ATT (you can find information on the web about this) is a dream and the car actually feels lighter and more responsive than the XE. The cruise control makes any trip more of an enjoyable event when towing and I have found a better return on the mpg, I have actually increased by 5mpg towing.
The Auto climate control, Well!!! All I can say is it is to smart for it's own good! It is brilliant!!
Am I happy with the Sorento XS 5 speed auto as a tow car you bet I am. I don't have to sing it's praises just by one and you will! :amen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts