Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name's den. I'm a new driver with just a yr license (but not driving experience :( ) I'm thinking of buying a Kia Rio and can anyone advise me what are the things to look out for and personal views about this car??

If i were to get it, what are the things i can negotiate with the SE and what are the essential stuffs to look out for especially when i'm starting to drive this car. Any recommended SE to look out for or introduce to?? :rolleyes:

Thanks and regards...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I can't say I'm an expert and I don't know what other vehicles are available in Singapore so I can't say whether the Rio is the best one for you or not.

However, my personal thoughts.

First: If you can drive a manual transmission do it. Why? Well, the Rio isn't great for gas mileage and the 5spd can get you better gas mileage IF you drive it softly. Also, the automatic didn't have much power, the 5spd felt like it had much more power.

As for special equipment. I like a basic vehicle--with air conditioning. I have the power group for windows, locks, etc. It's just one more thing to break down (drivers side power window has broken down twice). Stereo system, anti-theft, etc....all cheaper to add afterwards. Automatic transmission? Eats more gas and give you less power, yuck.

In general I'd take a base vehicle as they always cut their margins very thin to get the lowest advertised price on the base vehicle so you pay less markup :)

BUT get the airconditioning. I cheaped out on my Corolla and got a base model with no air-con. I have never missed any feature that other cars have......EXCEPT for air-con.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts