Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used 2005 Kia Sorento Gray For Sale | American Fork UT .

is the car

2005 Kia Sorento LX 4wd
134,535 miles

price is listed at just under $7k
there is damage to one door, and i know the dealer owner very well so i can get it for less than that

i've looked up reliability ratings (msnauto, edmunds, and Identifix.com) and they all look great

i saw the post about the camshaft bolt, and am concerned about that

and of course i'd need to know at the very least if the timing belt was changed.

any other concerns i should know about? (aside from MPG lol)

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
Not a bad price for the mileage there. I've got just over 60k on my '05. As long as the timing belt is recently changed you should be good to go for a while longer. If it wasn't changed, see if that can be figured into the price as part of the sale, do the water pump at this time (due 120k with the 2nd timing belt change)

Test the 4x4 on sand or loose dirt/gravel to make sure the transfer case is OK. See if your dealer friend will get the transfer case and transaxel fluids changed if they're not recently done.

Kind of hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like the tires may be nearing their wear points. Mine have a lot of miles on them, and appear to have much deeper tread at this time.

·
Registered
2004 Sorenta
19 Posts
I'd go for it. For a 2006 and the mileage, the price is very good. I have a 2004 EX model, love the car and all the stuff included in the EX pacakge. Will buy another when ready to get a new car. I never had a problem with the camshaft bolt or 4wheel drive. Bulbs seem to burn our prematurely, but they are easily changed.

·
Registered
2005vsorento lx, 93 honda accord se
5 Posts
is it rear wheel drive like mine? if so check universals since they are not part of maint check. i had to replace mine and also just replaced the tps and trying to get answers on why it revs to 4k then shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts