Kia Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi jbovard and all,

Given the production of the Borrego/Mohave elsewhere as well as other engine/transmission applications, I was not overly worried about parts. As indicated at the beginning of this thread, we bought our's in December to tow our new to us 2005 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17'. I LOVE it!!! After getting it home, we discovered the DVD (after market) was not working. I had it checked. It can't be fixed. I am having it removed later this week. I ordered the OEM Dome/Courtesy Light Assembly. Received it promptly in a few days.

Other than getting the wiper washer motor cleaned (it was stopped up) and having the differential fluid/cabin filter changed, I have only had one problem with the Borrego. A bad transmission control module was draining the battery if you left it parked for more than a day. The part was pricey and labor intensive to install ($850). All is great now.

I also installed a brake controller. I just pulled the cover off the Casita. Hitched up the Casita to the Borrego after taking the hitch apart (needed to invert the shank). The previous owner drove a Ford F-150 that had a much different hitch height than the Borrego. I actually drove it around the subdivision on Sunday. Will do some local shake down camping in March. We have two long weekend trips scheduled for April and a 12 day trip in June.

After driving my Honda Fit for 6 years, the MPGs are different!!! :) So far, I am seeing 11 to 13 MPGs around town. Our 400 mile trip home with the Borrego yielded an impressive 24 MPG! However, a recent (windy trip) to northern Kentucky (215 miles) yielded 20.5 MPG.

I am anxious to see mileage when towing the Casita.

Take care,

Dean

·
Registered
3 Posts
Parts have not been a problem for me from the dealer, some may take a bit longer because the dealer does not warehouse any other than order errors. Since they were made well into 2015 as the Mojave could be the parts may be imported "as needed" if it is not a frequently used part. I had to wait a week and a half for an inner fender liner and it came out of California which makes me think the order may have originated in South Korea. You won't find many parts available in the aftermarket due to the short time period they were imported.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi whatsaBorrego,

Thanks. Nice to hear you have not had any problem getting parts. My experience has been the same with my limited time of ownership. Can easily find parts and they can be quickly shipped.

Thanks,

Dean

21 - 23 of 23 Posts