Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, so I am in a part of the US where cars tend to be more expensive. I have found quite a few Kia Sportages competitively priced. One car particularly, 2016 Sportage LX 2WD with 100k miles is priced only at $8600. This car was driven for roughly 25k miles per year, which is nearly double what is considered industry average. Other than that, it drives and looks clean (carfax is clean).

Alternatively I could spend just as much or more on an older Honda CRV or RAV4, gaining the benefit of a more established/well known brand. I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips or anything else that I should be looking for specifically for Kias as I am very unfamiliar with the brand. Is it normal to see this steep of a depreciation on Kias? Are there any major reliability issues or anything I should be aware of? I really appreciate the time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kia does very well in quality surveys. Interestingly, Honda and Nissan have slipped as Kia has improved. It takes awhile for the public to gain awareness of these changes. Toyota/Lexus remain in the top of the rankings. Of course none of this is any guarantee that the specific car you own won’t have problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts