Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 KIA Sorento PHEV SX Prestige
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know that there are different features for different regions and that's the explanation for the differences, just wondering why they would do some of these...

1) Ambient lighting. Seems that some region get ambient lighting in the diamond patterns on the doors as well as some on the dash. Not available in the US?
2) Rear window shades. Seen them in some videos as well, but not in my car.
3) I've heard that the HK/Korean markets get integrated dash cam recording using the 360 cameras. Again, not in the US?

Are there any other feature that the US is missing out on for no real reason?

·
Registered
USA 2022 Kia Sorento PHEV SX-Prestige (on order)
6 Posts
I’m shopping so have noticed some differences. The ambient lighting is an upgrade option in the build website. I don’t think US has the window shades in sorento (but they do appear in telluride). I’ve noticed other regions also get an adjustable side air vent in the third row (i believe US only gets air from under the second row seats). I also recall other regions can adjust the front passenger seat with buttons on its driver’s side?

·
Registered
'11 Elantra (Still) '11 Optima (still), '12' Optima Turbo (gone), '21 Telluride.
25 Posts
It's even different, if my reading is correct (I've been looking at them too), in the canadian model.

Adding: I thought I understood there was a 12V outlook in the cargo area of the canadian one but not in the US version. That's an "I think" so beware!

Sellsaz: Can you confirm 3rd or get air from under the second row seats? Toyota would call that 3rd row heating, but I've been given to understand Kia has nothing at all under the second row.

And is that heated and cooled, or heated only?

TIA!

·
Registered
196 Posts
theyll likely add the features to the US market, based on demand. if people stop buying the cars this year or next, then the next release, maybe 1 of the cars in the lineup will have 1 of those features to sell more cars again (that particular car would likely be their best seller that year so likely a CUV/SUV) .

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's even different, if my reading is correct (I've been looking at them too), in the canadian model.

Adding: I thought I understood there was a 12V outlook in the cargo area of the canadian one but not in the US version. That's an "I think" so beware!

Sellsaz: Can you confirm 3rd or get air from under the second row seats? Toyota would call that 3rd row heating, but I've been given to understand Kia has nothing at all under the second row.

And is that heated and cooled, or heated only?

TIA!

Attachments

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
312 Posts
"For no real reason"

There's a reason. Because it's gonna sell just as well in the US without these little bells n whistles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Canadian Sorento also has heads up display. I’m investigating whether I can buy the Canadian version and import to USA.

·
Registered
'11 Elantra (Still) '11 Optima (still), '12' Optima Turbo (gone), '21 Telluride.
25 Posts
Thanks for the pics! I need to go look at Highlander again. I know they claim "3rd zone" and Kia doesn't. Begining to wonder why... Does this delivery A/C air too?

HUD:
Wow, big miss. I read a fair bit of forums, seems a lot of folks don't think heads up is handy. I love it. I'm pretty tall, 6'1", and find the steering wheel blocks my view of the speedometer in most cars (long legs means seat way back, steering wheel down). HUD solves that and keep my eyes on the road. I'm a big fan

My thoughts - It has just enough room for improvement that I'm hoping for '23 improvements. Here, in order, is what concerns me:

1) No standard cruise control (can't own it like that - Period.)
2) No cabin pre-conditioning capability (look at a Pacifica as one example of what works) / No heat source other than ICE.
3) Low power on-board charging system (good lord man, why?)
4) US version missing a number of "other market" features.

This is balanced by the fact that I love the looks and the power train, but for me just enough wrong I need to wait to '23 to see the new '23 CR-V, the refreshes here, what '23 highlander brings us, and to see what we might get in a PHEV Telly. The Telly's MPG isn't too great, but it's been pretty solid, I'd have think hard on a solid PHEV version.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sorento SX
90 Posts
It's sad that they eliminated features that were previously available on the Sorento. My '19 has the integrated 2nd row sunshades and can switch to standard (non-adaptive) cruise control if needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts