Kia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had been complaining about a right pull with my Sorento from day one to my service manger. After Doug 0176 posted the parts numbers for the camber kit he had installed on his Sorento, I shot of an email to my service manager. He in return got in touch with a Kia field rep who would have to approve the job since I was well past my 12,000 miles. The Kia rep said that they would do a sub-frame shift on the car. No explanation as to why they wouldn't install the camber kit but I was assured this would take care of the situation.

The service manger got me in the next business day and knocked it out in a couple of hours, while I waited. He did say when he finished the job, that now the car was out of alignment. Some of my concerns that was voiced to him prior to the job being done where, tire wear as well as other front end components and how will it affect my carfax. I was assured that everything would be fine, but know after his last statement I am concerned.

Of course when he said that about the alignment I brought up my concerns once again. He said that if I bring it back to him he will align it according to the adjustments and everything will be fine.

So the car is much better but not perfect. I feel I can live with it, now a gentle drift instead of a hard pull. However I am concerned about premature tire wear as well as other things.

Any opinion's?

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call Kia corporate and (politely) throw a fit.
I have been in touch with Kia since day one. They are the worst in customer service (not that I ever dealt with customer service in a automobile company before).

I just spoke with my representative yesterday and she is useless. After my initial dealings with the service manger the dealer has been great! They just have to do what corporate says.

Like I said, I think I can live with it as long as it does not cause things to wear out prematurely.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
The Kia rep said that they would do a sub-frame shift on the car.

Any opinions?
Some KIA models have this drift problem, and I can't understand how anyone could put up with it. One poster made it a condition of purchase that there be no drift when tested at delivery time. It is also beyond my understanding how the dealer could fool with the suspension in an effort to correct matters and then not do an alignment.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your slight Freudian slip tells it all...

Some KIA models have this drift problem, and I can't understand how anyone could put up with it. One poster made it a condition of purchase that there be no drift when tested at delivery time. It is also beyond my understanding how the dealer could fool with the suspension in an effort to correct matters and then not do an alignment.
That is pretty funny with the slip!

That was me who posted that I would not let a friend of the family buy the car unless they corrected the drift.

They did align the car, but now it is aligned so it is in the specs for the modification they had done. In other words if a regular mechanic puts the car on the rack it would be out of factory specs, because the car is no longer set to factory specs. Technically if the new mechanic new about the mods he should then be able to correctly align it. This is what has me concerned.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with my car. Like i said the drift is not bad she will actually drive straight for a while before it changes lanes.

I'm more concerned with abnormal or premature wear and tear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts