Kia Forum banner

The question from Russia.

10K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  loicdxb 
#1 ·
Hello!
In Russia sales of KIA HP (Mojave / borrego)
The characteristics of the diesel engine made ​​with specificity the Russian market and taxes. The result was a very interesting machine. Especially because its price is 2 times lower Audi Q7 and Mercedes Benz GL350. The people began to take, but then we were caught up in trouble. The car is very bad is going on very bad asphalt. And in our climate and soil, bad asphalt - is the norm. Suspension machine made ​​expressly for the warm America. But the package is installed chic for winter. The mass of stupid technology solutions.
It became interesting.
We look to the U.S., there is no longer on this machine. We look to Canada, and here she died.
What's the problem? Koreans you explain something? What can we expect?
Borrego was sold in Russia with an automatic transmission 8 assists. This lineup of 2012.
In Russia, KIA sells 120,000 cars a year, including Borrego, only 550 pieces.
Why Borrego died in Canada and the U.S.? But please, not rumors! Only official information.
During the earlier thanks.

See less See more
#5 ·
The design of the body is 5 years old and out dated. The suspension is bad on just about any road that is not completely smooth. There are too many SUVs all ready on USA's roads and this one was not needed.

Here are some pieces of an American review of the Borrego...
"the Borrego’s thoroughly conventional exterior styling is thoroughly forgettable, in a vanilla(generic) never goes into fashion kinda way. In fact, the Borrego’s sheetmetal is hardly more current– or desirable– than a circa-2002 domestic (car)."

About handling...
"Like Ford, Kia pairs an independent rear suspension (IRS) with body-on-frame construction."
and..
"The steering is lifeless, while the rear end isn’t, never quite settling down except on glass-smooth pavement. In one of the auto world’s greatest unsolved mysteries, live-axle dinosaurs from GM and Chrysler ride more smoothly and quietly than their IRS’d competitors, including this one."

To sum it up...
"Problem is, a thoroughly,and utterly conventional midsize SUV with best-in-class fuel economy in today’s market is like a beauty contest winner in a leper colony.

Here is the review I took the quotes from
2009 Kia Borrego Review | The Truth About Cars

KIA could not sell them here or in Canada so the decided to try Russia to try to get
back some of their capital ($$$$) invested in design and body panels.

By the way... Welcome mllaportru to the kia-forums.
I hope you visit here often.
Dave

#6 ·
I gotta chime in...........

First of all a magaizine article aimed at a foreign auto MFG written in the USA is nothing but an opinion and in this case a slam and smear of the fastest growing auto MFG in the WORLD!

When I went looking for a new vehicle in 2009 I didnt know this Borrego even existed. I went looking for a Sorento (wasn't big enough) and the dealer showed me this gem! All I can say is this...

At the time I had driven every SUV made that I could drive locally where I shop. This list includes ALL the G.M Suv's, ALL the Ford Suv's, Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Dodge. The KIA Borrego was HANDS DOWN the best of the bunch not ONLY in quality and features but PRICE!!!! THAT is why I think this vehicle got the press it did. Had KIA been allowed to import these in Quantity and the public in America made aware of this bargain.....it would have made all the other OEM's suck air!!!! Plain and simple.

I have owned this now for almost two years, 40,000 miles and it has been BY FAR the most reliable, fun to drive thing I have ever put my butt in! :)

#7 ·
Thank you Dave for your attention! You had to dig the internet.
This information I had also read.
Tell me please, if you know of course, get credit for the Borrego was equally easy, as the GM?
Borrego appeared in the U.S. as the time when the president of GM crawled on his knees in Washington for the money.
It's a Russian consumer loans take very few people. But in the U.S. automaker's total sales - is an achievement of the bank. This is the power. What do you think?
By the way!
The problem with the suspension, we in our their forum MOHAVOD.RU decided by three different methods.
The most expensive solution is 45,000 rubles, or $ 1,500, the cheapest 20,000 rubles, or $ 700.
All three solutions are equally good.
Now suspension Borrego, as LEXUS GX470.
But that's another story. The story says that the suspension at Borrego is yesterday's problem.

#8 ·
Hello again...
Credit to buy cars can be gotten from a regular bank, a credit union, or right at the car dealership. The best way is going through a credit union. You have to be a member of the credit union (not a big deal). The interest is usually the lowest there.

The next best is to get a pre-approved bank car loan. You have your credit checked and they then tell you up to what amount of money they will loan you.

Then there is the car dealership. The BIG companies (like General Motors, Ford, Chrysler) actually OWN their own credit devisions and have the ability to give you credit right there and now. They are the most expensive way to buy a car...unless they
have "Special deals" like for loyal...return customers.. or "0" (zero percent financing) for certain cars. The car manufacturers are just about the same on being able to get credit from any of them. We look for best reviews on the cars, look for the most popular models, and the longest warranties. KIA here has 10 years or 100,000 miles.
Hyundai is now offering a guaranteed trade in amount when you bring your Hyundai back and trade it in on a new Hyundai a few years from now.
They all have their ways to get you to buy a new car..
I/We would be interested in you sharing what at your forum MOHAVOD.RU you do to modify your KIAs..
Please write back...
Dave

#9 · (Edited)
I/We would be interested in you sharing what at your forum MOHAVOD.RU you do to modify your KIAs..
Please write back...
Dave
I do not know English. Here's the problem.
How to tell?
In Borrego Springs is very hard in front, and a very weak shock absorbers.
In order not to have problems with the warranty from an authorized dealer, we remake the original shock absorbers in the two-sided gas and oil with double cuffs.
Also, we have produced a softer spring with variable stiffness.
Variable stiffness is required in order to move the softer springs not gone beyond the length of the shock absorber.
As a result, the appearance is obtained suspension, which does not differ from the original, but has quite different characteristics.
Most likely, this variant you will not be available for any money.
What can you do in America?
If you replace only the only absorbers shock, on KONI Heavy Track , then you will have to travel more secure. But if you want to on the road do not notice the bricks, then you will also find a softer spring. This is a difficult task, but the thirst for victory and good people will help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

At last the machine was defective doors on this is so much noise. And the rear shock absorbers were not adjusted yet.
Upgraded machines do not have the swing to the side, are stable in the turns andindifferent to the defective asphalt.

#10 ·
Fantastic car rides!
I as an American male born in 1949 never thought I would be taken
for a ride with a Russian through their country with narration.
I thought we'd both die at each others hands (bombs) when I was young..
What a wonderful way to experience your country.

I can see you have made some very good improvements in the Mohave for your roads.
Have you tried to talk to KIA about your changes? Sounds like for a few rubles you made a super car...

I hope you visit kia-forums.com often and bring some of your country with you.
Again... Thank You!
Dave
I hope many visiting posters get to see your videos and experience somewhere other than their own home land.

#11 · (Edited)
I as an American male born in 1949 never thought I would be taken
for a ride with a Russian through their country with narration.
I thought we'd both die at each others hands (bombs) when I was young..
That who hasn't made a bomb, that is waited by destiny Kaddafi of Libya.
On a site of exchequer of the USA there is a page under the name "U.S. Transactions with Foreigners in Long-Term Securities". Better to say, such debt book with records on the various countries.
After introduction of sanctions against Libya (is more exact against Kaddafi), during military operation in Libya, releases about the entered sanctions, and then when it became clear at first have started to appear that operation approaches to end, on page the section "Lybya" has disappeared.
It means that at the USA now any debts in front of Libya. All investments of Libya were gone.
And! Search in a site of exchequer of the USA, it is possible to find only mentions of sanctions against Libya. The mention remains only in document MFH - Libya passes in group "Oil exporters", without share decoding.
From the congress of the USA voices that from the new government of Libya it is necessary to keep 2 billion $ for 29000 fighting departures of the NATO are distributed. And at this time "concrete boys" have spread out on pockets of 100 billion, have taken away oil deposits and were developed towards the following purpose.
The USA every year earns on 1,5 trillion $ less, than spends!
Pension and insurance funds, municipalities, were already built in turn in exchequer of the USA behind money which aren't present.
Where to the state to take money? Only to occupy. And who can borrow such money? Japan of 1,5 trillion $ collected 10 years! Long so to borrow money it will not turn out. It is necessary to plunder only.
Who following? Syria? An easy mark. Russia holds in the USA of 465 billion $, but in Russia there are bombs. Very expensively.
So we will better spend a little the force for creation of new bombs. That you, simple Americans, your bankers haven't pushed you to death, as creditors ;)
We, Russian, know it, as anybody another in the World.
For last 100 years, in our territory there were two revolutions, two world wars, and it is a lot of defaults. Than it threatens for the people, we know and we remember.
And all these troubles were favourable to bankers from the West.
And now we very much want and are ready to pay for it that Putin has risen in power as it is possible more strong that the world was as it is possible more strong.
We can't be weak. Us only 2,35 % from the mother Earth population. And we supervise 1/6 part of all land. It is huge temptation for those who always only hasn't enough.
Forgive for political conversations, but to me has already bothered that all think that Russian only and are occupied by that that prepare for the world nuclear attack.
Actually at us weight of simple work. Us doesn't suffice about 160 million persons to solve all problems at home.
And! All think that at us on streets bears go. Bears at us live in wood. On one bear the territory in wood of 60 square kilometers is necessary.
Still all think that in Russia all idiots and not formed drunkards.
It not so. At us 300 years in the country free compulsory education. On level intellectual and an all-around development we ahead of all.

#12 ·
mllaportru...
The people of the USA are just ordinary humans just like people in Russia.
We are concerned about the USA's large debt. The bureaucrats in our federal government won't stop spending. We as average citizens of the USA must watch our home budgets... but the government will not. The people of the USA do NOT want to own other countries or their resources. We just want to raise our children in safety... eat good... enjoy our friends.... and die old in peace.
We are just humans just like you...
We both (USA and Russia) have idiots running our countries and we can not get them to listen to the people. We can not get rid of them (like mice and rats).
Not all Russians are drunks...Not all Russians HATE Americans...
Not all Americans want to rule the world... We do not hate you...We just want people to stop hating and killing each other.
I would like mllaportru to be my friend and not an enemy like governments want.
I hope this translates properly..
Dave

#13 · (Edited)
mllaportru...
The people of the USA are just ordinary humans just like people in Russia.
Dave
All it is clear and without words :)
But all trouble that your government now has motives for a robbery.
We soon will have presidential elections. If you only knew, how many the dirt and provocations now began to flow at us through mass-media for the American money? What for it to do? We not fools and all understand! I listen to radio and I do not understand, as though I live in other country! These bought mass-media try to inspire to us fear, shout that Russia has dead.
Also that only only the western democracy will rescue us. When the USSR has broken up, we became very weak and vulnerable. The Pentagon even recommended to the president all to finish force. But Russian have promised that will start up the American money to itself in the house. Only this promise then has rescued us! The robbery has begun under the full program! The bank system is destroyed, it was replaced with the western. It is not known from where there were people with the big dollars and bought up the state factories and there and then started up them under a knife or loaded with their huge credits. Money without control has started to flow on the West. Back in the country money already came back only in a category of credit. As a result of it, we had another's power, the power of the western money. Now it it is almost finished. The West loses on it money. After all bonds under Russia are already sold. Putin has revived the Russian bank system and has taken over the control of factories on which cities depend. From for it in the west loudly say that we don't have democracy. That take away it to itself, such democracy! We to ourselves will make another.
John McCain has urged Putin not to be self-confident that it is waited by destiny of Kaddafi. If it were simply words, but only here a trouble that now to our borders rockets began to tighten :mad:
Here such here affairs :)
Dave! We have driven off from theme Borrego. It is necessary to finish with a policy.
Leonid

#15 ·
Leonid...
Me and my fellow American people wish you and your fellow Russian People...
Health, Security, good fortune, long life.

My hope is your country (Mother Russia) finds it's own good and stable government.
One government made by the people of Russia. Made for the people of Russia.

We also have mass-media broadcasts about our next presidential election in under 1 year. We look for a better national government. A government that listens to the people and does what we want. NOT what the government wants.

John McCain is not important. do not worry about him. I hope Putin can guide Russia the right direction. We (Americans) will stand by (help) Russia if someone attacks your country...Do not worry.

Now back to Borrego, Mohave, and Aton :).
We wish you "Peace"
Dave

#16 ·
Leonid...
I have enjoyed writing to you and learning about Russia today (not yesterday).
If you would like to write more and ask questions and receive honest answers send me a pm (private message) on this forum. People from all over the world read our posts and learn from them. This is good. Understanding each other IS important.
Please if I may use your word.
Thank You "Comrade"
Dave

#17 · (Edited)
Leonid...
I have enjoyed writing to you and learning about Russia today (not yesterday).
Dave
Tomorrow the television will do (autoitogi.ru) a roller about Mohave without money, without sponsors, the fair reporting. Kia Motors gives them for a roller the car, but the television has addressed to us on a forum that we have arrived and have told about Mohave more. You represent, Dave, no one Friday afternoon can't arrive on a meeting with a teleimage! At everyone full of work! At me not the big, adjusted business therefore there is a lot of free time. So I any more a "Comrade", and the mister :) All hope only for me. Plus to all tomorrow day of mother, and my wife (housewife) is invited tomorrow in school to the elder son, and the younger son after illness is already healthy, yet without the inquiry from hospital to visit kindergarten. In a word, younger my son Andrey (4 years) tomorrow on my care. It is necessary to take it with itself on the nature for television. My wife very much wants to go, since to it of the house has bothered. Always wants to go somewhere. We for a year go for a drive on the car on 65000 kilometres. It not including that 2-3 times a year we go under tourist permits abroad. It is all my wife housewife Elena doesn't allow the house to have a rest :)
The elder son call Gleb. To it of 11 years. He studies in 6 class of school. It is keen on computers. After school 3 times a week go to the trainer on swimming, and 3 times a week in addition to university to the mathematics teacher and programming. Always searches for work to buy new game or the computer. Doesn't trust in Santa Claus. What to tell about our life?
To me to write very much it is not simple. I write short offers and I translate in www.translate.ru
Then that has turned out I check in translate.google.ru. Then all offers I collect in Word and only then entirely I send to you.
How at me it turns out? Many errors? It makes sense?
My parents have retired 5 years ago. Father of 60 years, and mother of 55 years. Live normally. Now build the house of the dream. Not because it is necessary to them, that is why that when is a lot of free time, my father drinks vodka. It is injurious to it to health. And mum always finds to it employment. It costs much also to me it is necessary to help money. I at them one son.
Parents of my wife are more younger my parents on 5 years (55 and 50). They just now retire. At them life same, as well as at my parents, identical history. Well all too most, as well as everywhere. That in Russia that in America that in Germany. Cultures similar very much.

#20 · (Edited)
Thank you, friends!

Lawlessness! Show the image of Greece, and speak about Moscow. As us have already had enough of it! No Forces! Life in Russia is better and easier than in the U.S., and us are trying to prove otherwise with false rollers!
From where in Russia palms and Greeks?
We do not have any meetings!

#21 ·
Hey there!..

I know this thread is quite old now, but as I still enjoy my 2009 Mohave / Borrego here in the sunny hot desert of Dubai and currently looking at upgrading the suspension I was interested in what our Russian friend had to say.

Looking at the snapshot he provided, it seems our fellow Mohave drivers have fitted a Koni Heavy Track Coilover meant to be for a Sorento on their machine.

Does anyone know the exact specs of the original shocks and springs? Because Koni do not even know about the Mohave.

To our Russian friends - if they're still active on this forum, what are the specs of the springs they've put on their machine

Cheers from Dubai

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.