Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the cool little things I liked about the Rio was the recess for your phone just in front of the gearshift. Awesome, that is - until I plugged in the cable. Now instead of sitting nice and flush, it hangs up in the air - and the cable touches my hand when it's on the gearshift :huh:
Nice:

Not nice:

As someone who likes to keep their phone plugged in (for charging, better iPod sound etc) this is now officially annoying. :mellow:

Anyone got a better solution? Glad I didn't pay $50 for the damn Kia cable.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
+1

We need a wireless car charger feature. Check out what PowerMat is doing. It would be great to just put the phone there and it starts charging.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
464 Posts
I put the ipod there and the phone sits in the cup holder :lol:

What I have found is use the cable the ipod came with. Its smaller than all the non Apple stuff and the cable you can either tuck down the side of the center console or get a cable hider thing from hardware stores. Its a small circle thing and you wind it up and it will hide the cable inside.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Yup, saw that coming. I never have bought a cable just for that reason. I do have a cig lighter charger for emergency power.

It'd be nice if they put a hard-port plug into the console at the bottom of the cubby recess so you could drop the iphone in and just slide it down onto the ipjone jack. Of course that would not satisfy the Samsung people's needs.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, I do also use (and now prefer) a small, short, coiled cord DC charger (made by Griffin I think). It also has a nice lighted indicator ring that changes from red (not charged) to orange (halfway) and then green (fully charged).

The problem is that I then have to Bluetooth stream everything from the iPod. Which is ok I guess - but the streaming audio is just not the same quality.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I picked up a retractable USB cable and it fits nicely. Phone sits nice and pretty in its space and there are no cables wadded up or getting in the way of the shifter!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5 door hatchback
40 Posts
I am using the original cable that I got with the iPhone which is softer than the one you are using (I presume) and the iPhone fits perfectly in there and the cable is curled so it doesn't bother me when I'm driving

1 - 8 of 8 Posts