Kia Forum banner

The All New 2006 Kia Rio 1.6l Auto Hb

11K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Essex 
#1 ·
[attachmentid=779]Hi all

I'm the proud owner of the all new 2006 KIA RIO AUTO 1.6L (PETROL) HB

The car is doing about 12km/litre at the moment. Hopefully it will see more once it runs in.

Downside - defects in the signal indicator. It doesn't spring back after making a turn. Will be sending it in for the first servicing and let's hope that is the end of my woes.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Tigger, nice looking car (especially the wheels!). I'm thinking of buying one myself in about a month, same as yours (hatchback with auto).

The new Rio would the best small car value available here in Australia right now.

Keep us posted as to how your car goes over the next few weeks with any warranty problems etc and good luck with your purchase!

Rick

#3 ·
I'm jealous; I would love to at least look at a Rio5 before I buy, but all that is available at present in the U.S. is the sedan version. I drove the sedan and was very impressed; even at the same price as the larger Spectra5, I could almost see buying a Rio5. I owned one of the Rio's ancestors, a Ford Aspire (aka Kia Avella, successor to the Kia Pride) and just sold it in preparation for buying a new car.

Have fun with your new car!

#8 ·
I got mine here in SG for SGD 54,999

For this , I got the Leather UP. seats and Sports Rim. I gave up tinted windows (using RikeCool) as I thought that I could do that at an auto-shop on my own for a fraction of the price.

This car comes with simple fixtures. Those in the EU / US comes with more though.

I don't have air bags , no motorized wing mirror adjustments and no ABS brakes.

So , it is a very basic car , but I don't mind. The performance negates all the above "NOT HAVES". The only thing I minded not having is the adjustable steering wheel. This again is an option !!!!!

#10 ·
Originally posted by hclearn@Oct 14 2005, 12:08 PM
Hi Trigger! Does the above amt include the sports rims and other additional car accessories ? Currently looking to buy 1.6L hatchback too.
Nope. For SGD54999 , I got the basics. I gave up rikecool for the leather UP. Rims came from some vouchers that were given. I think was for SGD900 worth of accessories . This of course came from the banks.

BTW , I did simple mods - changed the horn for a stebel horn. I felt that the KIA/HYUNDAI horn was a little too sissy for my liking and I had window tints done for under SGD300 including car mats (the type that looks like the 3M ones but aren't the original 3M though). Good job done.

#13 ·
Trigger, really envy you to be able to drive your car so soon. I had book my 2006 Kia Rio HB Auto w 1.6L somewhere in Oct, but had still not get it. wonder how long more do I have to wait. BTW, your no. plate seems to be single line, am I right? or your no. plate consists of 1 or I so as to be able to squeeze them into one line? did you ask for it from your dealer or is it originally single line? I got mine at S$48500, with leather seat, rike cool, alarm and reverse sensor. Too bad no sport rims...

#14 ·
Hi there, I just booked a Rio 1.4 Sedan (price Sg$40,999) ETA Feb2006. 1.4ltr version does not comes with CVVT engine. Also was only given reverse sensor and alarm. I am wanted the hatch back more but the rear end storage seems smaller, got a sedan instead.

I am a Biker for 14yrs and will continue to Ride (die hard rider)... As I will be having a kid soon, Wife and me initially planned to buy a Picanto... In the end, at the Ubi showroom, we decided to take the Rio 1.4 instead after the test Drive. So I am still now waiting for my wheels to arrived. :beer:

#15 ·
My number plate is originally 1 line. It came as is. I didnt even ask for it.

You've got a bargain for that price. I paid a lot more at $ 54,999 , perhaps because COE was open cat , at $16,999.

That price you are getting was originally a 1.4L car.

Cool !!!

I placed my order even before I had a chance to view the car or even test drive it. I didn't have my license then ! Just got my driving license in Oct actually. So the car was already 3 weeks old when I got my driving license. I had to pay extra for the insurance too.

#16 ·
Hi all,

Nice to read that some of you are already driving the new 2006 Kia Rio.
i booked in Nov 06 but till today have not get my car yet (Jan 06).

The only consolation is that i will get to drive a rental car at their (car dealer) expense. Any one in my predictament ?

#17 ·
I'm sorry you're having to wait so long. I picked mine up (silver 1.6 auto 5 door) last week after only waiting for three weeks.

The dealers in Australia seem to have floor stock in most colour/trans combos at the moment, hopefully that will be the case in S/pore soon!

Anyway, it'll be worth the wait, it's a very impressive little car!

Rick.

#18 ·
I so agree . This car rocks !
I was recommended to wait for the HB1.6 CVVT version when I was shopping for a car. There was 1 last piece going very cheap - the old version 1.5l HB but I decided to wait out. This little car cost me a lot more that the older one but why own a car unless you really like it !

I have no regrets !

#20 ·
Hi Kialoco, I've just swapped my 2004 Getz 1.5 5dr manual hatch with a new Rio auto hatch. The Getz is a great little car, but the Rio is better in just about every way... slightly bigger, quieter, smoother and with sharper steering and handling.

As you may know, the new Rio is based on the yet to be released new model Hyundai Accent (about mid 06 in Oz). It has one of the latest engines from Hyundai/Kia with CVVT and the newest generation of auto. trans.

I'm very impressed with this car, as I am with our other Kia, a 2005 Optima v6. Both have been perfect straight out of the shop so-far, and I've never been able to say that with any of the other 15 or so new cars I've bought over the last 40 years.

I believe the new Rio is without doubt the best small car value on the Aus. market at the moment!

Rick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.