Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99' Chevy Silverado, extended cab and full bed - 2008 Kia Sedona
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellow Kia owners. I have a 2008 Kia Sedona and have run into a problem. The lighted icon on the dash of the car as turned on as if someone has left their door open, however instead of a door symbol showing with the lighted icon it is a tire. Now my vehicle was pre-owned and does not have an owners manual. Dealership told me it would be around $100 for a replacement book and to be honest I can't see paying that much for a book. Also, before taking the vehicle down to the dealership for them to look at and it eat half my day, I thought I could pop on here and see if any of you wonderful people would be able to help me with my plight. Anyone know what this lighted symbol is indicating? Also, this morning while taking my children to school, the driver side front tire light also came on in addition to the passenger side front tire light.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,410 Posts
If it is just the individual lights, and does not display "TPMS", it simply means that your tire pressure is low. Check the air in all the tires and adjust to at least door pressure, 35psi. I say to check them all because if the tires/wheels were moved/rotated/changed, its possible that the wheels are not in the indicated positions. If you inflate the tires and the light goes off in short order, it is working normal. Check why the pressure was low, whether it be a leak, or simply the temperature change.

If "TPMS" is displayed also, it indicates there is a fault. Make an appointment with your dealer to get it diagnosed. The dealer can also re-learn the sensor positions if you find they are incorrect.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento
364 Posts
^ Right on. Its more than likely a tire pressure light. Do just as spngebob218 suggests, check the pressure and fill to at least 35 all the way around and see if it goes off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012. The TPMS light was on. Went to the dealer a few times. On the last visit they found metal valve stem caps my son swapped out. They took them off and have not seen it since.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
It is the tire pressure light. The diagram displays WHICH tire has low pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts