Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 Spectra base, 11 Sorento LX V6 AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everyone. Soo last year around this time my heater was stuck on full hot and wouldn't turn down.... well at the beginning of summer it changed to full cold. Now it wont turn to heat. I just changed the switch today because it would turn all the way around and I though that might have been it (the fan speeds and the vent control work just fine). Well the heat still doesn't come on :( . My car heats up and stays in temp range just fine doesn't get hot and doesn't stay cold. I think it might be the heater core but I don't know for sure. Any suggestions would be wonderful !

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,924 Posts
Beyond the speed and vent control there is a "flapper" door on the heat/cool box and it sounds like either your linkage or servo motor that moves this flapper is not working and the heat off of the heater core is not being circulated as the door is stuck on cool air.
You said it was "full hot" to get varying temps this door is moved partially between the heater core and the AC evaporator mixing the two... Sounds like your is stuck.
Dave

·
Registered
02 Spectra base, 11 Sorento LX V6 AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave , you where right ! I looks like its busted and not working :( but I was able to move it so I have heat in my car :) thanks a lot !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts