Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten their text messaging to work on the UVO system? I have a 2012 SX AWD, UVO but no navi. I've tried 3 different phones so far, and no joy. Just wondering if anyone has seen it work. BTW, I know it has to be enabled in settings first.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD Mineral Silver
460 Posts
Agreed, only a couple phones work with this. If you hit Kia's site and go to the UVO support area, there is a section in one of the pdf's that gives you a grid of which phones can do what feature.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Yep, it only works for the 0.05% of folks that are using Windows Mobile devices. I haven't hit any other snags, though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
total screw job by microsoft on this one. block out the large majority of smartphone users because their mobile division can't get their shit together.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
total screw job by microsoft on this one. block out the large majority of smartphone users because their mobile division can't get their shit together.
Understatement of the year. Actually for the past 4-5 years, but who's counting? :)

·
Registered
2012 Sportage EX, 2000 Jeep WJ
159 Posts
It's a big joke. And an easy fix on Kia's part, as this is a custom UVO system for them. They could easily add more phones to it without having to deal with MS's end of things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts