Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know how? The kia site is useless... what a waste of 10 bucks. Same deal as before- no spark. have checked all fuses, replaced coil pack and sparkplugs, tested wires, etc. What else can it be? Any relays or anything i should check? Following kias instructions to get error codes without a reader- by grounding the middle row far right hole to the bottom row second hole from the far right- gave me nothing. so theres nothing wrong, right? :angry: if anyone wants info from the kia "repair manual" online, let me know during this next week. like i said, its worthless. shows you how to put the spark plug wires on correctly for ignition problems.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage
67 Posts
From reading your other post, (suggestion:reply to your initial post next time so people know what you're talking about) I'm wondering if it's fuel system related rather than spark plug related. how did you test for spark? I'm not too familiar with the SOHC engines... Coil packs on it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wondered that too- as the plugs seem pretty dry. There is definatley no spark visible or to the touch. ;) It wont fire on carb cleaner or starter fluid either which would mean no spark or spark at the wrong time. I dont think the timing belt skipped because it was running and died, then started and ran for 30 sec, and died, then started again and died and wouldnt start. if the belt jumped, that would have been it. kaput. thanks guys for your help! let me know if theres anything else i should check- relays?

·
Registered
107 Posts
now thats a scary thought, you might want to thinka bout getting it taken in or getting a test done or getting a reader, otherwise its a night time battle in the fog with a blindfold on. I would most definitely check the fuel pump and the injectors. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts