Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's gotten real cold here in Toronto, ON, my Sorento has been shifting from first to second first thing in the morning really harsh. Im talking such a harsh shift that it moves you in your seat.

I start it, let it idle for atleast a minute, back out of my driveway, put it in drive and go on my way. It's only the very first 1-2nd shift though. Doesnt happen after that. Also there is a stop sign 50 feet from my driveway. When coming up to the stop sign the 2-1st shift is very rough.

My driveway is on a slight decline but even if i park on the road overnight, it's the same story.

Also, if I merge into traffic and put my foot into it, it downshifts to first and has a terribly harsh shift into second. Happens whenever I give it enough gas for it to downshift into first and go into second.

I have a feeling something is wrong with my transmission :(

Not really sure what the dealership will do at this point. I guess I will have to leave it overnight one night. Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Now that it's gotten real cold here in Toronto, ON, my Sorento has been shifting from first to second first thing in the morning really harsh. Im talking such a harsh shift that it moves you in your seat.

I start it, let it idle for atleast a minute, back out of my driveway, put it in drive and go on my way. It's only the very first 1-2nd shift though. Doesnt happen after that. Also there is a stop sign 50 feet from my driveway. When coming up to the stop sign the 2-1st shift is very rough.

My driveway is on a slight decline but even if i park on the road overnight, it's the same story.

Also, if I merge into traffic and put my foot into it, it downshifts to first and has a terribly harsh shift into second. Happens whenever I give it enough gas for it to downshift into first and go into second.

I have a feeling something is wrong with my transmission :(

Not really sure what the dealership will do at this point. I guess I will have to leave it overnight one night. Just seeing if anyone else has had this issue.
idle it alittle over 5 min. if you are hard on the gas when its not really warm it does that.. or do manual tranny.. you can merge to traffic better and faster, no 1 sec delay anymore.. plus shifting is not noticeable

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idle it alittle over 5 min. if you are hard on the gas when its not really warm it does that.. or do manual tranny.. you can merge to traffic better and faster, no 1 sec delay anymore.. plus shifting is not noticeable
I let mine idle for a good 3 minutes this morning and there was no rough shift present!

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
yes when it colder idle a little longer.....

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX
80 Posts
Has anyone had this issue resolved? Mine is starting to do this every morning even when its warm outside. Any updates would be appreciated.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone had this issue resolved? Mine is starting to do this every morning even when its warm outside. Any updates would be appreciated.
Nope, I've just let it be. If you let it run for a bit before taking off, it wont do it.

I'm not even going to bother with seeing the dealer about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts