Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't open the windows much, but since the banks are drive-thru only now, I went to the window to make a deposit - and the window wouldn't lower. I had to pull up a little and open the door. While they were processing, I was fiddling with the switches and discovered that the passengers' side rear also was 'stuck'. For some reason I pulled the driver's window switch 'up', then when I pushed it down, the window opened. I think I only hit the switch for the other one a few times and it opened too.
My advice - if you don't already do this, maybe you should; work all the windows in the car at least monthly and put some silicone in the tracks a couple times a year.

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
76 Posts
I don't open the windows much, but since the banks are drive-thru only now, I went to the window to make a deposit - and the window wouldn't lower. I had to pull up a little and open the door. While they were processing, I was fiddling with the switches and discovered that the passengers' side rear also was 'stuck'. For some reason I pulled the driver's window switch 'up', then when I pushed it down, the window opened. I think I only hit the switch for the other one a few times and it opened too.
My advice - if you don't already do this, maybe you should; work all the windows in the car at least monthly and put some silicone in the tracks a couple times a year.
I agree. I rub silicone into door gaskets and window tracks a couple times a year to keep them pliable. Vaseline on sunroof gaskets to. Don't soak, just light soaking.

·
Registered
2016 Sportage LX AWD
16 Posts
How many miles do you have? I had a similar problem and had the master switch replaced on mine at 48k miles, and then the front passenger switch at 54k. Both were done under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts