Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Picanto Fans,

I happen to see that most car has a temperature meter for us to see the temperature of our engine,

But after i get my car than i happen to see that my picanto have no temperature meter at all..! I suppose this is not very good because from the temperature meter we can at least figure out somehing is wrong with our car when it is high ..!

Does anyone have problem without the temperature meter..? Will be be too late for us to take action when the overheat light is on...?

Best,
Limhouse

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hey Limhouse,

Sorry - no personal experience with missing temp gauge. However I've heard about some guy having a Peugeot 205 with the same problem. He claimed that the warning lights gave him 30 seconds to react....!?

Dunno if I can compare Kia with Peugeot and Citroen but I know from colleagues that they can practically speaking drive with 1 litre oil in the engine and the light won't flash unless they're making a sharp turn :haha: Had a colleague (female, no offense, girls) who was wondering why the oil lamp in her Xantia was flashing when she was driving in a roundabout. When we checked oil level it was appr 1 litre.... :blush:

Personally, I don't like the idea of not having a temp metre. Thus, I considered installing such a metre - maybe like in 2Fast2Furious on the bar at the windshield. Saw these pieces in some car shop here in Denmark. Maybe some of you fans have already done this?

Cheers,
Kneeler

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi... this is sort of related to gauge-type discussions...
being as i dont have an owners manual (not retained by garage who repaired my picanto previous to my owning of it) what does the warning light mean that lights up blue,looking a bit like an oil temp light but blue,not red???
think it could be coolant judging by colour ?
any tips gratefully received!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by picanto_bird@May 7 2006, 04:27 PM
what does the warning light mean that lights up blue,looking a bit like an oil temp light but blue,not red???
This is an indication that coolant fluid has not reached working temperature yet.

Will shut when ideal temperature is reached.

best regards
PicaNorway

·
Registered
9 Posts
Originally posted by PicaNorway@May 7 2006, 03:45 PM
This is an indication that coolant fluid has not reached working temperature yet.

Will shut when ideal temperature is reached.

best regards
PicaNorway

so.....its not anything bad???i wont do irrepairable damage by driving or anything?

·
Registered
9 Posts
:) yay :)
as ive only just got it,and knowing its been repaired,was panicking thinking id been sold a dud!!
thanks and sorry if sounding like a dumb girl - phew!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
You should go back to your dealer and get a manual for the car.
I don't think they're even supposed to sell you a car without a manual.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
200 Posts
to make it simple, the blue light indicates that ur car engine is still cool and hasnt reached the ideal temperature. The red indicates that your car is overheated.

I had some views in mind too about not having the meter. I wonder if it is not too late to react when it turns red.

Does it cost much to actually have a meter in the car?

·
Registered
Picanto 1,1 EX, Orange
8 Posts
RhyThM-CruNcHeR said:
to make it simple, the blue light indicates that ur car engine is still cool and hasnt reached the ideal temperature. The red indicates that your car is overheated.

I had some views in mind too about not having the meter. I wonder if it is not too late to react when it turns red.

Does it cost much to actually have a meter in the car?
There is plenty of time when the red lights up.
Yes the engine is overheated when it does so just dont drive any futher, stop the car, open the hood and let it cool off...simpel.

I you react quickly enough, no harm is done!! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts