Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problem with my 2004 model.I have to refill water inside the radiator everytime i wanted to start the engine.If i kept on driving without refilling,the temp started to rise after one hour of non-stop driving.There is no leaking at the bottom!Someone told me to change the gasket and one foreman told me to change the engine!!!.Any clues out there?????Help

·
Registered
05 Kia Sorento LX 4x4
280 Posts
I'm having problem with my 2004 model.I have to refill water inside the radiator everytime i wanted to start the engine.If i kept on driving without refilling,the temp started to rise after one hour of non-stop driving.There is no leaking at the bottom!Someone told me to change the gasket and one foreman told me to change the engine!!!.Any clues out there?????Help
You probably have the old style water bottle. They were known to crack along the bottom. The new bottle is a different design to resolve this issue. That would be the first place to look. Make sure there is no water in the oil, and check for a fowl odor from the exhaust to indicate it burning off.

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,484 Posts
As mentioned, check the bottle. Although you say "there is no leaking at the bottom" a leaking reservoir bottle will leave a puddle. Other means of loosing coolant: Bad radiator cap, head gasket or heater core. Checking for coolant( although at this point you probably only have water ) in the oil is a good call. Water in exhaust would indicate a cracked block or head gasket. I would not continue driving it until it is fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need some help here.....I can't start the engine!I have checked the nozzle,high pressured fuel pump,starter and they are in good condition.Just change battery about 2 months ago.It will start when I put some petrol on a cloth and put in front of air flow sensor. Is this a correct way?I can't do this everytime i want to start the engine!!!!

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
1,293 Posts
Temperature is Rising.

Put a pressure gauge where the pressure cap is located. Pump the system until you reach 14psi start your engine and watch the gauge if it pulsates it indicates a blown head gasket. Look for obvious leaks while it has pressure on the system.
Running with this type of problem will cause to possibly crack the block.
If in the USA Advance Auto and Auto Zone will loan you a pressure tester.
Charges are removed from your credit card when returned.

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
so you come back after 2 years, you did not report after the first issue and now you are saying - more problems.

was the leak ever solved?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you come back after 2 years, you did not report after the first issue and now you are saying - more problems.

was the leak ever solved?
Ha ha so sorry for keeping silence...yes i had solved the leaking problem.There was a crack at the cap above the radiator.You can't see the leak because the water evaporates immediately!

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Ha ha so sorry for keeping silence...yes i had solved the leaking problem.There was a crack at the cap above the radiator.You can't see the leak because the water evaporates immediately!
that's good to know that those issues are not related now.

now, I suggest you to start a new thread as you are posting in "temp rise" which does not refer to hard start...

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
1,293 Posts
Temperature is Rising.

Need some help here.....I can't start the engine!I have checked the nozzle,high pressured fuel pump,starter and they are in good condition.Just change battery about 2 months ago.It will start when I put some petrol on a cloth and put in front of air flow sensor. Is this a correct way?I can't do this everytime i want to start the engine!!!!
Please post your engine Gas or Diesel it makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
1,293 Posts
Do a pressure test on the fuel system. Watch the gauge after the engine is shut off their is a check valve in the pump and your checking if the fuel runs back into the tank.
Pull the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator and if their is gas in the vacuum line replace the regulator.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Soul Base, 2014 Kia Sportage LX + Pop Package
395 Posts
Mine is a Petrol, replaced around 80,000 miles. Works fine afterward - I did note a minor coolant leak prior to the replacement. Has been fine since then (Currently 102k miles)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts