Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No spare wheel - anyone had to use the stuff in the boot to get going again after a puncture?

Easy / difficult?

Good or Bad experience?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Theres a internal Wheel well, occupied by a storage tray, and then another tray with spaces for the puncture seal stuff, the spare wheel kit replaces the lower tray.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
The spare wheel does go in the wheel well, you take out the polystyrene lower tray and it just slots in (its a full size wheel) and a tool kit that comes in the price bolts in the middle, with jack, screwdriver etc included in the price.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
The kit is a waste of time - especially when the tyre ripped like mine did. It also didn't help that my dealer failed to inform me that there was no spare wheel or jack or brace in the car when he sold it to me. If I'd known this and got the option to purchase one, I would have.

Any ideas where the best place to get a spare at a reasonable price would be? I'm in the Dundee / Tayside area.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
I would suggest your local dealer as they will supply the "Spare Wheel Kit" which is the full sized wheel (with tyre!) and a toolkit thing (Brace, Jack, Screwdriver, Front towing hook (Yes Another one!) etc.).

Kevin.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
12 Posts
If I buy a spare wheel with a tyre (full set :)) then I should be able to place it underneath the backpack, right?

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
185 Posts
Originally posted by frishki@Jul 16 2005, 07:06 AM
If I buy a spare wheel with a tyre (full set :)) then I should be able to place it underneath the backpack, right?
You'll need to buy a jack and a wheel brace etc.

Kevin.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
243 Posts
Originally posted by kevdyas@Jul 17 2005, 08:18 PM
You'll need to buy a jack and a wheel brace etc.

Kevin.
My spare wheel came with that in the middle of the wheel????? I think it was about £90 in total, but got mine thrown in to counter cost of road tax....

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
And mine did too. At £95 it seems a no-brainer to have this - you'll only ever be grateful when you get a puncture in pouring rain and left your "how do I use the inflation kit" instructions at home. Don't waste time hunting around for all the bits you need. You'll even get to keep the tyre inflation bits and tray that the spare wheel kit replaces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts