Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so tonight my car is sluggish not shifting properly and the Engine light comes on P0890 code TCM Module....I am out of warranty and I know there is a TSB on this ...what needs to be done to correct this a Program update? a New TCM Module ? Help...what might the cost be?

·
Registered
1999 Kia Sephia, 2016 Kia Optima SXL, 2019 Kia Soul Plus
1,108 Posts
Ok so tonight my car is sluggish not shifting properly and the Engine light comes on P0890 code TCM Module....I am out of warranty and I know there is a TSB on this ...what needs to be done to correct this a Program update? a New TCM Module ? Help...what might the cost be?
P0890 TCM Power Relay Sense Circuit Low
Looked around for a TSB related to this, but not finding anything. Essentially, its not reading enough voltage at the ATM relay and locked the transmission in 3rd gear. You should be getting battery voltage at the relay. You might also check ground resistance on the relay connector and that the A/T 20A fuse is not blown.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I pulled all the 20 & 10 fuses in the engine compartment none were burned out....of course by doing this I probably reset the Computer, I started the car and no engine light...you think it will come on again as I put some mileage on the car...? Wierd.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having the same problem on my 2008 kia amanti. when you did that did it stay reset. my car stays in 3rd gear and I can not manually shift it either. shifting into reverse it makes the car jerk.

please let me know if you have discovered anything.
I have also been told I may need to have the software updated.

thanks
russ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts