Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Sedan Auto 1.6 Turbo // 2020 Sportage LX FWD
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
225/55R17x7+37 will fit. Lock to lock no rub. But I am running godspeed coilovers, less travel and height adjustable. Hope this helps someone

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
534 Posts
Why was the tall sidewall chosen ?

I run 215/45-17 on mine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why was the tall sidewall chosen ?

I run 215/45-17 on mine.
Gearing with the forte trans. Basically I did a spread sheet with the gear value for each speed. Between 31mph (after first gear) - 100mph (or even to 104mph) it raises the average gear with the taller tires (even with the adjusted final drive). Mostly because 4th ends at 102mph.

Hopefully 1/8 will be the end of third and 1/4mi right at top of fourth (13.75 is my goal).

If you did the average from 0-100 you lose a lot of gears, because 1st gear only gains 1mph with the taller tires, and lowers the effective final drive. This was also the goal, because I can't use the top of first because traction issues.

I could have still got a 26.7 inch tall tire with a bigger wheel and less sidewall. But I have some pretty stiff spring on her, so sidewall is nice. Shouldn't hurt anything handling wise with this set up. Just aid comfort.

But tbh I thought I would share if so if people are worried about getting a taller tire (for whatever reason, winter set up., or have a bad drive way ect) that they will know the absolute maximum without cutting. And I really don't think you could run a tire this tall on OEM suspension.

I did have some 205/65R15 I did a write up about probably being the maximum. But that was at stock ride height (as close to stock height as I could set them anyway) (25.5" tall)

The godspeed kit is odd, the back maxed out is lower then stock and the front can be crazy tall. So I swapped to some Forte5 spring in the rear for ride height and kept the stiff, adjustable shocks for the back from the godspeed kit. I might do a write up on that as well.

I seen an article about a jacked up veloster at sema one year and figured, if anyone ever found themselves wanting to put 26" off road tires on their rio, maybe this will help ><

·
Registered
2016 Rio SX Hatch
534 Posts
Ok I understand, as I am a former drag racer myself.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: Rio Taxi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts