Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
N/A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

As per the name I'm only learning to drive so apologies if this is a dumb question. The car I've been learning in is old and in order to take off you need to release clutch to biting point and then use accelerator to take off. However I've also tried newer cars where you can creep off using only clutch and not touching the accelerator until already moving. Can anyone tell me which category a 2012 Picanto would fall into? I presume the latter?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,954 Posts
Hi there,

As per the name I'm only learning to drive so apologies if this is a dumb question. The car I've been learning in is old and in order to take off you need to release clutch to biting point and then use accelerator to take off. However I've also tried newer cars where you can creep off using only clutch and not touching the accelerator until already moving. Can anyone tell me which category a 2012 Picanto would fall into? I presume the latter?

Thanks
Being a light vehicle, the Picanto should be able to move off using only the clutch with the engine at idle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts