Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like to know if anyone else has experienced this issue. I searched first and the closest I could see was regarding a backup camera.

2011 Sorento LX. Went shopping last weekend with my wife, the car sat in the sun here in AZ for about 2 hours, temps over 100F. We placed our purchases in the back and shut the tailgate. While driving, the "tailgate open" indicator light came on...and then shut off. We pulled over and checked it, secure. This happened several times on our ride home.

Then at work I wasn't able to secure a covered parking spot. Panic alarm went off. I went out to stop the alarm, and when I locked the doors I noticed the "tailgate open" indicator was on.

Brought it to the dealer, who diagnosed a latch that wasn't securing properly, part ordered and getting fixed tomorrow. My concern is that it's only happening when sitting in the sun. Covered parking, garage, anywhere else not in direct sunlight and there's no issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 XM Sorento EX AWD V6
267 Posts
Hey Jpaq,
Welcome to the forum. Please fill in your profile so we can better answer your questions. Knowing where and what you drive are big helps.

I would chalk it up to coincidence and maybe a little melted flexibility. Things can get a little wonky with heat.

If after they replace it you still experience the code light, then you'll know it's something else.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts