Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't be the only tall driver of a Carens/Rondo who hits his head on the tailgate of the car when it's open. I've owned a number of cars over the years with tailgate rear access and have never had a problem. I've caught my head on the gate, a glancing blow, on a number of occasions but yesterday I hit the plastic wedge on the side of the gate and took a chunk out of my scalp. I'm 6'4", not overly tall. I guess the only cure is to sell the car.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2008 Kia Rondo
409 Posts
I'm 5'11" and yes, it is too low. I automatically bend slightly whenever I am near the thing when it is open.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
I'm the same height as Tubaryan12 and found you had to be careful with the rear hatch, just remember to bend slightly as he said, not worth selling the car over. You get used to it, never give it another thought after the first few uses and that was over 4 years ownership.

I've traded by '08 Rondo for my 2012 Soul, and that door is higher, but not sure by how much, I guess I should check. However, as my wife is only 5'-2" if they are too high she has a problem unless of course you have a vehicle with power tailgate.

I've notice the Soul tailgate is quite a bit lighter than the Rondo hatch

·
Registered
2010 Rondo EX V6 5 passenger
223 Posts
I'm 6'1" and I try to stay in the middle of the hatch as the curved sides reduce the clearance quite a bit; sometimes I forget and I hit my head too. Same problem with several of my previous vehicles (wagon, SUV and hatchback).

Rear sagging is also a common problem on this vehicle as it ages and/or when loaded so alas, that does not help your case...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts