Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have an issue with my tail light on my 2014 Kia Sportage. First I thought it was the bulb but it wasn't. I replaced it with a new bulb and it still does not work. So I turned my focus on the fuse because that is the next logical choice. I have attached my fuse panel. I have no idea which one is for my driver-side tail light. I have looked in this forum and I can not find information about the fuse for the tail light. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage, 2005 Toyota 4Runner, 2003 Toyota Avalon
2 Posts
I’m having the same issue with the passenger side of my 2011 Sportage. I’ve also change the bulb. The turn signal will work just not the tail light. (just the bottom one on the bumper)
Also I’m having these issues:
1. My left turn signal won’t work when the lights are on AUTO, but will when on the light symbol. No problems with the right side in auto.
2. The amber lamp on the driver mirror stays on all the time. (not just when signaling) it does go brighter with each signal click.
I had these issues once before and after I replaced one of the bulbs everything went back to normal. But this time after changing that rear tail/signal bulb, I’m still left with them. I can’t imagine there would be a fuse that would just control one side of the lights.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kiatoy11, I just noticed your comment. I have not resolved the issue. I actually noticed another issue that might be related to my original issue. I noticed that when I activate my daytime running lights, both lights do not work. So I suspect an electrical issue. I went through all my fuses, inside and under the hood, and found no blown fuse. So I'm back to square one. I'll keep researching. I really don't want to take to a shop. I'll keep posting updates.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage, 2005 Toyota 4Runner, 2003 Toyota Avalon
2 Posts
Hi mavrk12, yeah I’m with you, I want to figure this thing out without taking it to the shop. I love working (tinkering) with things and the feeling of accomplishment. (I guess I’m too prideful). Nothing is a safety issue or something I will get pulled over for, so I have time to fix it. (Besides I have two other autos and bikes I can ride) Have you checked to see if the daytime running light is not burned out? Ok, so since my last post, my fog lights have also gone out, so in the morning I’m going to go through the fuses. They were both working a week ago. I do believe I have an electrical issue going on in the blinker wand, or maybe the whole left side of the steeling wheel. I say that because my radio volume switch (on the steering wheel) will lower the volume but raising is it is intermediate. I’ll keep you updated.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi mavrk12, yeah I’m with you, I want to figure this thing out without taking it to the shop. I love working (tinkering) with things and the feeling of accomplishment. (I guess I’m too prideful). Nothing is a safety issue or something I will get pulled over for, so I have time to fix it. (Besides I have two other autos and bikes I can ride) Have you checked to see if the daytime running light is not burned out? Ok, so since my last post, my fog lights have also gone out, so in the morning I’m going to go through the fuses. They were both working a week ago. I do believe I have an electrical issue going on in the blinker wand, or maybe the whole left side of the steeling wheel. I say that because my radio volume switch (on the steering wheel) will lower the volume but raising is it is intermediate. I’ll keep you updated.
So, I checked my lights last night because it's hard to tell if my lights are on. This is what's happening with mine. My headlight switch has 3 options, off, parking light/DRL, on(headlight). When I turn it to parking light, I notice the DRL and amber light and the rear light comes on for just a couple of seconds. So I know there is power going to the lights. I did some more research and I'm beginning to think it's the headlight switch. I could be wrong but that's where I'm headed. Like you, I really don't want to take it to a shop and pay an arm and a leg. :) That might be what's going with your issue. I'll keep researching and hopefully, between my good looks and your brain, we'll figure this out. Lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts