Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage 2.0 Ghia
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if there is a relay; what are your issues??
According to the Kia Global information site it is component No C288 and is located next to the headlight relay No. C287. There is also a photo, but from the photo I cannot determine where it is. The fault is no tail or panel lamp. The schematic shows them as fed via the Tail lamp relay, so it is suspect No1.

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
196 Posts
According to the Kia Global information site it is component No C288 and is located next to the headlight relay No. C287. There is also a photo, but from the photo I cannot determine where it is. The fault is no tail or panel lamp. The schematic shows them as fed via the Tail lamp relay, so it is suspect No1.
OK, It appears to be under the dash, to the right of the kick panel towards the center of the dash. I don't know if it is in clear sight, or stuffed up in the dash panel somewhere.

·
Registered
'96 Camry v6 XLE, '00 Camry LE
2,175 Posts
On the 2k Sporty here the relay block is behind the driver's side knee airbag, you have to drop/lower it down to access,

AFAIK the "tail lamp" relay is part of / incorporated into the flasher relay (long grey relay in the relay block), fyi.

·
Registered
Sportage 2.0 Ghia
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help so far. I've attached the photo off the Kia global tech site of the two relays, tail light and headlight. Cannot find these on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
'96 Camry v6 XLE, '00 Camry LE
2,175 Posts
Thanks for the help so far. I've attached the photo off the Kia global tech site of the two relays, tail light and headlight. Cannot find these on the car.
If not behind the driver's knee airbag below the steering column, those are behind the steering column plastics - remove the (4) screws holding the upper/lower steering column plastics together and remove w/ the driver's knee airbag to fully expose that area -> to the bottom of the steering column / height adjustment lever shown in that picture,

Gottacruise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts