Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem arise today coming home from work. At lunch it drove fine no apparent issues however when I hit the gas pulling out on my way home I noticed a TOTAL lack of power. It felt like I had maybe 50 horsepower or so. I mean BAD. No check engine light right away. I immediately thought "limp mode" did a search first and couldn't find any posts on it. I called the dealer and drove straight there. It wont get looked at til Wed or Thur :mad: so Im carpooling til then. I popped the hood and saw nothing obvious. Just fishing if anyone has had this or knows someone who has.

·
Registered
2012 Sportage SX AWD
843 Posts
They didn't give you a loaner? I would have raised hell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figure I would update. They finished the car by that I mean its fixed. It DID throw a code p0244. The repair order says "Found static actuator voltage too high for turbo wastegate". It goes on to say the Linkage was adjusted for the wastegate and the code cleared. I know he ragged the piss out of it during his test drive. When I dropped it off my MPG avg was at 26.7 and when I picked it up it was down to 22.0! The "test drive" was only like mile or so. I asked the service writer if adjusting the linkage would REDUCE the horsepower. He "claimed" it would actually increase the horsepower. Bottom line... It runs like a champ again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts