Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
06 Sportage EX, 06 Amanti, 11 Sorento SX
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My biggest complaint I have with my SX is the rear suspension. Everytime i use the 3rd row seats for the family the back end always sags and when you hit a bump it feels like the whole car is gonna fall apart. I've been searching for a while now to see if anyone makes any air shocks or anything for that matter for my sorento but cant find anything. Can anyone help me figure out what I can do about this? (besides leave the family home, lol)

thanx!

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Ttc urethane cushion

just try the ttc urethane cushion, it actually helps with the harsh ride and the stress on the shocks.. we were 7 adults in the sorento, all about 150- 160lbs and i ddnt have a problem.. it also gives you about 2-3 cm height difference too, just try it, its made from korea, here's a link when i placed 22 inch wheels in my sorento, it includes the link of the urethane cushion i bought.. and information about it.. hope this helps

http://www.kia-forums.com/2011-xm-sorento-forum/77453-why-22s-instead-20-s-wheels.html

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx kobi for the info. I'm going to order them. Hopefully it will take care of that. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
what do you mean? how to install? if it is, you just have to use your jack. to lift one side of the vehicle, so when vehicle lifts, the wheel drops and the spring stretches a bit and insert the the urethane cushion, you can use soapy water as lubricant or glass cleaner, the links i left have some instructions in it i think..
let me know..

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
710 Posts
Yep there was a handy video there. Looks like you jack the car up, spray some soap on the urethane parts and spring and then you just pop them in with some pressure from your hand. Once the spring is compressed, they are held in place by the spring coils.

Might be giving these a try just to dampen the "sproing/thunk" when going over expansion joints in the freeway. I don't really have any complaints with the suspension and haven't noticed any sagging. However, I haven't loaded up with a car full of chubby folks to test it out either. :) I'm not sure how much difference a couple of urethane spring spacers would make in that case.

Best,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the replies, sounds like a pretty easy install. The reason I asked about them is I'm going to be hauling a 1200lb. trailer with a 900lb. bike and thought these might be pretty nice to have.

Rick

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Riley dont forget the trailer tongue weight should be less then 350 lbs.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento, Suzuki V-Strom
506 Posts
The urethane cushions are commonly called spring rubbers in the U.S. They are widely available. They might be as low as $13 each, but you need to find which size fits the Sorento.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts