Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the differences between 2013 Sorento SX and EX on Kia's website. One of the differences mentioned is the SX Instrument Cluster. What's unique about the SX Instrument Cluster? Is it just different lighting?

Thanks,
ling

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX
108 Posts
The SX has the orange light on around the cluster all the time, one of the things I do not like on the car, but I got used to it!

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
783 Posts
When I was purchasing mine, I had the same question. I couldn't tell the difference. I don't think there is one.

Not sure if the non-SX models have the orange light on around the cluster all the time or not...you can check for yourself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My real buggaboo is the lack of gauges for Oil Pressure and Voltage. You can often save yourself a tow and or other inconvenience with these gauges. With the new dual gauges you can get now leaving that kind of information out of reach is trouble in process followed by an idiot light. If you tow these gauges are important. The sensors are there you just need to tap the ECU for them. Even a digital read in a box in main gauges would be fine.

Pat

·
Registered
White 2012 SX AWD
783 Posts
I agree, but this is the same for many cars these days. I haven't seen an oil gauge in a long time. As for the voltage, I picked up a small item that plugs into the cigarette lighter and reads out the voltage and indicates the status by a green, yellow or red LED indicating whether it's charging or not. I think it just goes by the voltage level value.

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
so here's sx instrument cluster..

there's some at walmart about 12$ voltage indicator plugged at the 12 olt power source...
off

on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts