Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Forte Koup SX; 2012 Kia Sorento SX; 2012 Kawasaki Z1000
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.. the oem headlights can be cut open... if you want to put halos or put projectors.. im doin two new sets see which one i will like.. with halos still :) we need drl in canada.. i dont like the high beams as drl ;)

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD & 2010 Hyundai Sonata SE
532 Posts
yeah.. the oem headlights can be cut open... if you want to put halos or put projectors.. im doin two new sets see which one i will like.. with halos still :) we need drl in canada.. i dont like the high beams as drl ;)
Funny you mention the high beam DRL. I've had a few Sorento's pass me by and i notice the even during the day, it can be blinding to other drivers. They are very bright!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento
14 Posts
Once again, your car looks amazing!!....... I have the old grill from my car and I am in the process of painting it black and debadging it, was going to change the mesh to have something different, but a little undecided at this point.

The aftermarket one I have looks nice, but the heat has damaged it a little.

Keep up the great work man!!...... you are an inspiration for the Sorento lovers!!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you mention the high beam DRL. I've had a few Sorento's pass me by and i notice the even during the day, it can be blinding to other drivers. They are very bright!
yes they are blinding, i didnt say anything about the output, i just dont want the high beams as drl, i eliminated the "halogen yellow" on my sorento.. functionality and styling is what i was after anyways..

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once again, your car looks amazing!!....... I have the old grill from my car and I am in the process of painting it black and debadging it, was going to change the mesh to have something different, but a little undecided at this point.

The aftermarket one I have looks nice, but the heat has damaged it a little.

Keep up the great work man!!...... you are an inspiration for the Sorento lovers!!
well thank you sir.. i have some plans actually.. i will be painting the foglights black inside and putting hella micro de as fog lights, sx fog lights (H8 pretty much accent lighting) are only 800 lumen, lowest of all halogen bulb output and on that chrome part will be the new philips drl daylightguide..
we were also on the process of trying sx grill on the lx/ex sorento on my friend, but there's too much cutting to do.. :( maybe on the summer we will try again.. some good ones to add on the lx/ex will be a drl close to the fogs and led turn signals.. there's also lots in korea including the new front bumper add-on to the lx and ex i will post pics here when i find them again..

·
Registered
532 Posts
yes they are blinding, i didnt say anything about the output, i just dont want the high beams as drl, i eliminated the "halogen yellow" on my sorento.. functionality and styling is what i was after anyways..
Yeah I hear you. I think the halos look great as the DRL's. I think they should of taken another approach rather than using the High beams as the DRL. Now that I think of it, they fixed that for 2014. Hello LED eyebrows ;)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I hear you. I think the halos look great as the DRL's. I think they should of taken another approach rather than using the High beams as the DRL. Now that I think of it, they fixed that for 2014. Hello LED eyebrows ;)
yeah iknow, i hope they will be bright enough as drls, some videos i have seen doesnt really show, i bet you canada has high beam as drl again, with that led on top as eyebrow, the 2013 hyundai santa fe's have it ok for accent lighting but have high beam drl here...
on the other hand, like the optima in the usa they have that led drl over the foglight while in canada none but has high beam half wattage drl here in canada.. :( plus sportage only gets that drl that is nice and bright on the headlights!! :angry:

anyway i have an upcoming project for somebody, white ex v6 sorento, wanted me to paint white on that chrome on the headlights see how it goes, that person is undecided if wanting to put drl in there..

·
Registered
532 Posts
yeah iknow, i hope they will be bright enough as drls, some videos i have seen doesnt really show, i bet you canada has high beam as drl again, with that led on top as eyebrow, the 2013 hyundai santa fe's have it ok for accent lighting but have high beam drl here...
on the other hand, like the optima in the usa they have that led drl over the foglight while in canada none but has high beam half wattage drl here in canada.. :( plus sportage only gets that drl that is nice and bright on the headlights!! :angry:

anyway i have an upcoming project for somebody, white ex v6 sorento, wanted me to paint white on that chrome on the headlights see how it goes, that person is undecided if wanting to put drl in there..
I pray to god they are as bright as the Sportage and Rio's DRL's. The Santa Fe's accent lighting is only visible at night. Same with the Veloster. Time will tell.

·
Registered
Sorento SX; 07 BMW 335i
21 Posts
Wait,,there's a car in the pix?? All i see is snow and dead trees...

j/k mang...as you can see, i live in san diego, ca so i get excited when i see snow...lol

very nice setup as always..makes me wanna run out and get me a Land Rover! :)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sorento EX-V6 Luxery, 2010 Toyota Corolla XRS
26 Posts
Ken, you did it again!
Awesome Grill with the SX letter. Now you need an LED badge and you are set. haha..
Next week, drive up to Calgary and we can go cruising together.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait,,there's a car in the pix?? All i see is snow and dead trees...

j/k mang...as you can see, i live in san diego, ca so i get excited when i see snow...lol

very nice setup as always..makes me wanna run out and get me a Land Rover! :)
yo get excited with snow.. come see canada :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts