Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Just purchased a black 2013 SX, partially based on the reviews & information I found on this site. Thanks to everyone that contributes here!

There were no floormats in my SX and I was told that, since they weren't listed on the sticker, they weren't included. For the price of the car, this didn't seem right. Also, the Kia site indicates that carpet floormats are standard on an SX (under the Interior & Convinience section): Kia Cars, SUVs, Crossovers, Minivans, & Future Vehicles | Kia Motors America.

Question to those who've purchased an SX: were floormats included?

UPDATE:
I got my carpeted Sorento floor mats about a week after delivery - no charge. It took a few emails, but I got it done.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza SXL, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Hemi V8, 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
48 Posts
They were included with my 2012 SX and were there when I took delivery.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were included with my 2012 SX and were there when I took delivery.
Thanks for the response - follow up: were the floormats specifically listed on the sticker, either as a standard feature, or as part of a package? Or were they not listed and just included?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Cadenza SXL, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 Hemi V8, 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner V6
48 Posts
They were not on the sticker, just looked at it. They were however listed in the 2012 brochure as being included as standard for all 3 rows on the SX model. There is 2 separates for the front, and a single runner for the 2nd row, and one for the 3rd row...all carpeted.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
every feature of the vehicle is not listed on the sticker, just highlights.

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX AWD
54 Posts
mine came with the carpeted mats. they threw in the cargo cover and were going to give me a free cargo mat, but Kia doesn't make one for the 7-passenger Sorento. i'd say for as much as we paid for their flagship vehicle, they can throw in some damn floor mats! :D

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX
46 Posts
Sounds like the dealership is trying to play you and get you for more money.
I got 2 sets with an LX, and can only imagine the accessories only get better with the higher models

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX V6 AWD, Dark Cherry
153 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is trying to get another couple of hundred out of you. Have you ever bought a car and it not come with carpet floor mats? I haven't.

I would go back to see my sales rep and ask him about it. If no help , see the manager and if need be, call Kia Corporate!

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,539 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is trying to get another couple of hundred out of you. Have you ever bought a car and it not come with carpet floor mats? I haven't.

I would go back to see my sales rep and ask him about it. If no help , see the manager and if need be, call Kia Corporate!
actually in the US, carpets are extra on many vehicles. Even in Canada on some makes, KIA Canada brings all there models with carpets included the same as they do with mud flaps (which again are optional in the US).

·
Registered
2013 Sorento SX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my carpeted Sorento floor mats today - no charge :thumbsup:

It's not a single runner for the 2nd row, but I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento SX V6 AWD
34 Posts
Mine came with my SX. Can't imagine why mats wouldn't be included on the top trim on any model car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts