Kia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2022 Kia Sportage Urban 2.0
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have Sportage 2022 urban. My dashboard shows digital speedometer. Can I change it to analog.
The manual shows both digital and analog display, but doesn’t explain how to toggle between the two display types.
I find it hard to believe that my car comes only with the digital display. If so it will be very frustrating.
Automotive design Font Screenshot Auto part Personal luxury car

· Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
193 Posts
No. Type B is only for higher trim levels. It's physically different (larger), and fully digital (all screen). Type A is not truly all screen. It can be seen certain ways the sun hits it.

· Registered
'23 Sportage HEV SX Prestige
130 Posts
Hi,
I have Sportage 2022 urban. My dashboard shows digital speedometer. Can I change it to analog.
The manual shows both digital and analog display, but doesn’t explain how to toggle between the two display types.
I find it hard to believe that my car comes only with the digital display. If so it will be very frustrating.
View attachment 126900
Not familiar here in the US w/your "Urban 2.0" Sportage trim - Do you have the Type A or B display? If you are talking about the digital speed display shown in your Type A graphic, then yes, there should be a way to switch to analog gauges. I've seen that in many pix!

· Registered
2023 Sportage Hybrid EX
47 Posts
RedGeminiPA is right.

If you have the Type A in the picture, you will always have Digital gauges, no way to switch to Analog. You can only change what is viewed in the center, and a way to change colors on the sides. This really only has a smaller "screen" in the center part.

If you have the Type B in the picture, there are multiple different Analog gauges and a Digital one also to choose from (looks different from Type A). This one is 100% screen.

· Registered
823 Posts
Not familiar here in the US w/your "Urban 2.0" Sportage trim - Do you have the Type A or B display? If you are talking about the digital speed display shown in your Type A graphic, then yes, there should be a way to switch to analog gauges. I've seen that in many pix!
If there is a way to do it, then please post it. I think a lot of people are frustrated with it

· Registered
'23 Sportage HEV SX Prestige
130 Posts
If there is a way to do it, then please post it. I think a lot of people are frustrated with it
Oops. My bad! I must be thinking of the base Tucson (sister car) driver display, as I know thats analog on my daughter's PHEV SEL. Bummer the base Sportage doesn't have an option for analog gauges, especially with that curved gauge outside rim look! That said, I have the Type B display and while it has the analog gauges that I thought I preferred, I find myself now REALLY liking the digital speedometer option for the middle of the cluster, as the steering wheel seems a bit small and thick on this car, which "hides" the outside edge of the analog speedometer, along with other indicators on both outside display edges, based on my driving position. Try not to think about it. Just get used to the digital gauges. These would have been cool as all heck just 10 years ago!...

· Registered
2023 Sportage Hybrid EX
47 Posts
... while it has the analog gauges that I thought I preferred, I find myself now REALLY liking the digital speedometer option for the middle of the cluster, as the steering wheel seems a bit small and thick on this car, which "hides" the outside edge of the analog speedometer, along with other indicators on both outside display edges, based on my driving position. ...
I agree with your concern about the outside edge of the analog speedometer being blocked... the real issue is that they put the speedometer on the left and not the right like they should have. Most of the time the 'needle' is going to be on the far left side (unless you are going really fast), and is therefore more likely to be blocked by the wheel, which is why the right side makes more sense for the speedometer in most vehicles, putting the 'needle' closer to the center of where the driver is viewing.

I have now gotten used to the centered digital gauges with my Chevy Volt (no way to switch away from it) and am looking forward to having Digital gauges (Type A) on our Sportage EX Hybrid (that we finally get to pick up tomorrow). If we had gone with the SX Prestige instead (Type B) I likely would have switched to Digital and not Analog anyway.

· Registered
2023 Sportage EX Hybrid
193 Posts
By default, it normally changes based on the mode. But you can also force it into a specific color if you like one best, then it will not change with the mode. (see the video above)
If you attempt to drive with a door open, it will turn bright red and flash at you while beeping! LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts