Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, i am currently switching most of my lights minus the headlights and fog lights to LED, anyone else do this? and if so how do you like them vs the old school bulbs? my primary reason is they last longer and use less wattage vs original bulbs. i will post VS pictures in a new discussion once they are all changed!!

·
Registered
'08 Sorento, '18 Civic Type R, '90 Vortech Supercharged TransAm, '03 VF-34 WRX, '97 Del Sol SI
136 Posts
I've replace just about every bulb in my '08 LX. T10 LEDs for the map and license plate bulbs. 6418 dome light bulbs. Amber T10s in the side marker lights. 1157 LEDs for the brake and tail lights. 921 LEDs for reverse lights. 881 LED fog light bulbs.

Much better light than from the old, yellow tinged halogen bulbs. Got pulled over in another vehicle once because both the rear license plate halogen bulbs had burned out (so much for the then mandatory safety inspections!). I expect the LED bulbs to last the remaining life of the vehicle. Plus with the lower power draw there's probably a better chance of your vehicle starting if you leave a light on by mistake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i ran into a problem, i got the leds in for front and rear turn signals now they will blink rapidly any suggestions on what to do? i checked the signal fuses just to make sure and they are intact. last step and this switch will be complete.

·
Registered
'08 Sorento, '18 Civic Type R, '90 Vortech Supercharged TransAm, '03 VF-34 WRX, '97 Del Sol SI
136 Posts
I didn't replace my Sorento's turn signal bulbs with LEDs so didn't have that problem. I did replace the rear turn signal bulbs on my Civics with LED bulbs without any issues.

Do a search for "hyper flash turn signals" on You Tube and Google. I think some people use resistors to correct the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a quick look did show resistors is the cheaper yet works perfect but for the front turn signals there are no wires its just a twist off connection and had the main plug for it power, etc.I'm wondering if i just go back to old school lights for the front and keeping the back LED would be an issue?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think you would be OK but only one way to find out.............

I believe the front turn signal bulbs are 2357. You might be able to upgrade to LL (long life) halogen bulbs for those if available.

How are your headlight lenses holding up? I had great luck clearing haze from mine using a 3M headlight restoration kit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there not half bad thats a last of the list sort of thing. but i will find out about the lights tomorrow morning once i go pick up what i need

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you would be OK but only one way to find out.............

I believe the front turn signal bulbs are 2357. You might be able to upgrade to LL (long life) halogen bulbs for those if available.

How are your headlight lenses holding up? I had great luck clearing haze from mine using a 3M headlight restoration kit.
Ok so i did out in old school bulbs in the front yet hyper flashing still happened to i put in old school bulbs in the rear and that fixed the issue so looks like it will stay that way, which is fine cause i actually find the old school bulbs brighter than LED which is very surprising.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento LX
77 Posts
Question, i am currently switching most of my lights minus the headlights and fog lights to LED, anyone else do this? and if so how do you like them vs the old school bulbs? my primary reason is they last longer and use less wattage vs original bulbs. i will post VS pictures in a new discussion once they are all changed!!
I switched most of LED front, middle and rear domes. Also all the door panel to LED too. I even custom add on LED strip under each door to see the ground at night when I open the door.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts