Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia sorento EX, 08 Kawasaki nomad,
107 Posts
27.something is the best I got 3 times. that was on paper and not the lie-o-meter with
7,800 miles on the car.

·
Registered
21 Sorento X-Line
24 Posts
Impressive. But remember that run is all down hill. Please post return trip when you make it. Atl is 1000 ft higher than the coast.

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Sorento EX T-GDI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I hand calculated cause I topped off today. 33 mpg so the lie-o-meter is close. On the way from Tybee island back into Savannah this morning (completely flat) I was hitting over 40mpg. I’ll let you guys know how it does going home tomorrow. On the way down we hit a lot of road works. Hope we won’t get caught in it tomorrow.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,097 Posts
I only drive V6's. Nor would I want a Turbo for the long haul.
Enjoy it while its doing that.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,097 Posts
LOL, where as we do up here.

Enjoy, ours does pretty good in the summer. Winter is a crap shoot and much lower no mater the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento EX T-GDI
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, where as we do up here.

Enjoy, ours does pretty good in the summer. Winter is a crap shoot and much lower no mater the vehicle.
Ya you guys have crazy winters. I’ll take my 90 degree summers.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,097 Posts
Ya you guys have crazy winters. I’ll take my 90 degree summers.
Alright now, it can be and I just hunker down where its warm. My heater and heated seats work well in the Sorento as does the heated steering wheel.

With that said we have this!!
  • winters are Air Conditioned all the time in and out
  • No Bugs, mosquitos, flies, knats, ticks, killer bees etc Nothing to Bug me all winter long
  • fresh air. Pollution is a lot less in the winter.

In another month and half I'll be sweating, cold beer on the deck... LOL

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
After the first week and a little over 300 miles on the car, the avg has steadied itself at 42.9. It's been hot as Hades in the Boston area this week and I've had that AC on full boot too. Two adults and 3 kids, total of 500lbs of passenger weight.

I'll gladly take this.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
Is that what the car says or is that what you calculated after a fill up?
what the car is telling me. Based on how many miles I’ve put on the car, the distance til empty, and the fuel gauge, it seems like I’m heading toward over 700 miles on this tank.

42 might not be all that far off

edit: I’m still on the first tank. I’ll know more after filling up a couple times. Might Take a while!

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX
52 Posts
what the car is telling me. Based on how many miles I’ve put on the car, the distance til empty, and the fuel gauge, it seems like I’m heading toward over 700 miles on this tank.

42 might not be all that far off
While that method can be motivating, it's not accurate. Currently, the Sorento Hybrid is averaging 34.5 combined based on fuelly.com. that website is the most accurate website for tracking real fuel mileage of any vehicle on the market because people putting their actual mileage after fill up (miles driven divided by gallons filled up at the tank). My mileage is closer to what others are reporting on real fill ups not what the car is claiming

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
192 Posts
While that method can be motivating, it's not accurate. Currently, the Sorento Hybrid is averaging 34.5 combined based on fuelly.com. that website is the most accurate website for tracking real fuel mileage of any vehicle on the market because people putting their actual mileage after fill up (miles driven divided by gallons filled up at the tank). My mileage is closer to what others are reporting on real fill ups not what the car is claiming
well aware of how to calculate it

also well aware that every car I’ve ever driven I’ve always been at least ten percent more efficient.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento X-Line, 2.5T Silver
18 Posts
I think the intention of the website is great but it is also a bit flawed because I feel people do not always report properly, example:

Or people have a lot higher numbers while reporting a lot of city driving, I feel the City versus Highway split messes up a bit the numbers because a lot of people won't report it accurately.

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX
52 Posts
I think the intention of the website is great but it is also a bit flawed because I feel people do not always report properly, example:

Or people have a lot higher numbers while reporting a lot of city driving, I feel the City versus Highway split messes up a bit the numbers because a lot of people won't report it accurately.
I've seen people with non-hybrid Corollas claiming like 58 mpg. No, that's a physical impossibility. But if you account for anomalies like that, I have found the site to be significantly more accurate than what the manufacturer's claim their vehicles can get. I've owned a lot of cars and trucks, and I'm usually pretty close to the average on fuelly

1 - 20 of 42 Posts