Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock Kumho Solus KH16 tires on my Sedona ROYALLY STINK and are wearing out. After researching, there are a lot of SUV tires that will fit. Has anyone used SUV tires on their Sedona? I would think they would wear better than standard passenger car tires because of the extra weight of the van, but I don't want to lose the ride quality of a passenger car tire. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
I regularly install Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country SUV tires on the Sedonas and they wear extremely well, and I have seen a few go 50K+ with them, which in our area is better than average. The Sedonas are quite heavy, so it makes sense that SUV tires would wear better. I would expect the heavier tires to have an adverse effect on ride quality and mpgs, but no one has ever complained to me about it. Here are 2 links, one for the Cross Country(225/70/16), and the newer Cross Country Tour(225/70/16, 235/60/17). I'm not endorsing Uniroyal, but these are the only SUV tires I have experience with, from install to take-off.

Uniroyal | Uniroyal® Laredo® Cross Country
Laredo Cross Country Tour | Uniroyal Tire

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sedona LX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was debating on the SUV tire also for improved grip in bad weather. I narrowed it to two choices, both from Mastercraft (manufactured by Cooper.) One is the Avenger Touring LSR-T, the other is the Courser HSX. The Coursers are going on my wife's Ford Escape before winter, the stock Michelins are done and won't cut it when the flakes fly.

Mastercraft Avenger Touring LSR-T

Mastercraft Courser HSX

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
If you are partial to Cooper, all of Pep Boys brand Futura/Definity tires are made by Cooper as well. The Definity Dakota HT is basically a Cooper Adventurer HT with a slightly altered tread design. I've seen quite a few with both the Adventurer HT and Dakota HTs and they seem to wear good, but I don't know how many miles people are getting out of them.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sedona LX
13 Posts
I got General Grabbers HTS for my 06 about 3 years ago and they are wearing very well. Excellent traction in snow and pretty quiet on the highway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My sisters van is sitting on Cooper Discovery H/T's I think... something like that. I see them on trucks and SUV's all the time, but the van does okay with them. I remember how it felt with the Kuhmo's, and while acceleration doesn't have as much grip, it feels less squishy in corners (it's actually not bad at all for a van). Since it's not a race car, I'm sure nobody cares about added spin from a stop anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts