Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone raised the suspension of the Sorrento - in my opinion the suspension for the Sorrento is a liitle low for off road work and I would really like a couple of centermeters more (inch or two). What does anyonerecommend?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dont find the ground clearance much an issue with my Sorento. It has good ramp over angle and has no propblems with keeping up with the bigger cars like Pajeros, Prado or landrover. What I have found is that the Sorento suspension is a bit soft in the rear end which causes it to jump around a bit on corrugated roads.

4X4 Australia magazine November 2004 ran a great article where they took a Sorento and fitted it out with "good" suspension gear and then ran a comparison test against a standard Sorento. Needless to say the one with kit showed a much better performance off road. A really interesting read if you can get your hands on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Old Man Emu (OME) out of Australia makes a kit for the Sorento. It will lift it about an inch front and rear. Here in the states it costs about $800. I believe it is a new listing in their catalog, but most 4WD shops that carry OME products should be able to order it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts