Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. 2011 Kia Rondo EX-L, 2.7L V6, 7 Pass.
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a rubber seal hanging down from the sunroof shade yesterday. It is a rubber seal roughly the width of the glass. It was on the inside of the car dangling betwwen the glass and the sun shade, and I can not see where it can from. I got schematics from the dealer and Alldata, but neither shows this piece. I would like to replace it myself before taking it to the dealer and them tearing it all apart.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Is your Rondo not under warranty any longer? If it is you want to spend your money on replacement? It the USA, the Kia part# for the w/strip is: 81613 1D001. $54.93 is list price.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is still under warranty. I was thinking to just put the part back myself, as the strip does not appear to be damaged it simply came off. It would save me a trip to the dealer.
cobra, Do you know were the w/strip installs.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
It should go on the glass it's self.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The piece that came off appears to be a dust/wind seal that goes somewhere between the glass and the Sunshade. The seal around the outside of the glass is fine.

·
Super Moderator
4,426 Posts
The only seal/w/strip that is sold separately from the sunroof assy is the seal on the glass, if you need something else, you will need to take it in to have them look at it, it's probably part on the sunshade.

·
Registered
07 rondo ex-v6 7seat, leather,sunroof.infinity 10 spkr audio,09 honda fit sport 5sp.
125 Posts
The piece that came off appears to be a dust/wind seal that goes somewhere between the glass and the Sunshade. The seal around the outside of the glass is fine.
Had it happen to me about 2 months ago.Its a seal that goes on the end of the sunshade.Took to dealer,They had to drop the headliner to reinstall it.Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts