Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just registered to inquire whether anyone experienced this....cruising 65 mph on the highway when I heard 2 quick exploding noise around the car...pulled over my 2011 Sorrento SX by the exit ramp...looked on the top of my vehicle and discovered that my one of my dual panoramic sunroofs broke into large pieces (front sliding one).
It's in the nearby Kia shop...originally was told that I would be responsible for the cost of the rental..(told them "We'll see about that!") The shop calls me back a few days later to tell me that Kia reps were here to take pictures and figure out what the hell happened. Also they will paid for the rental.
Luckily for me the sliding cover under the glass protected me from the glass. Maybe I can get Kia to make a lease payment for the scare...

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I've seen this before with a recent vintage Explorer. I'm assuming the defect is some sort of problem with the way the glass is tempered.

Best,

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
OMG! :eek: So sorry to hear. Glad no one got hurt. I would think the dealer would want to fix this, and as soon as possible, at no cost to you, to avoid any publicity that there might be an issue with their vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts