Kia Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just a short and almost 1 month update:
I'm not on here that often anymore now that I'm "brushing up" on another forum for our newly acquired Pontiac G6. But my Daughter is very happy with the little Spectra at start up now, NO SQUEAL and Power steering effort is back to correct action. She's coming home to visit for the Labor Day weekend... and I'll be "looking the car over" again then.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well, the daughter has had the Spectra for 3 years now this weekend! and other than "fix ups" it needed when purchased has been relatively trouble free with just normal for age and miles maint. and oil changes. Sitting at 134k miles when she got it, it had 98k miles. Still loves her "Mia Kia"! :)

·
Super Moderator
6,851 Posts
My daughter-in-law has a 2008 Spectra that we gave her with 168k miles on it to replace her dying 2001 Honda Civic... With some minor front suspension work (struts and tie rod ends),brakes, and tires and an alternator (just worn out)... It is her daily driver... We rescued the car from salvage with 163k miles on it (Driver headlight, and repaired bumper cover)... It now has 178k on it and is trouble free... I/We turned a "Honda" only girl into a KIA believer :)
Dave

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well the BIG day arrives next Saturday for my daughter (and her Kia)! Yes she is getting married! Her Fiance has not been allowed to drive her car, even when his FORD(2016 Fusion) has been on the "fritz"! If they go out together in her car...SHE drives! I wonder if this will change after vows are exchanged???? He was brought up drive them hard and then trade it in(can get rather expensive), while she has taken to Dad's way of getting a decent priced vehicle, fix what it may need AND THEN maintain it with also doing normal for age repairs(brakes, exhaust and such). Her little Spectra is hanging in there quite well for being 11 yrs. old now...I wish I could learn from her how to keep the interior so clean as she does with hers...but I'm and "old dog"!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts