Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento EX V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Kenwood 8” powered sub installed under the passenger seat. This is the new version of the SW11. Had the remote routed to the fuse panel lid. Sound is great. Adds the right amount of bass for those not looking for double 12” subs anymore. I also had the stock speakers replaced with Infinity Reference 6.5” coax speakers.

Kenwood KSC-PSW8

·
Registered
Kia Sorento EX+ V6 2018
32 Posts
All with the original head unit? If so, do the Infinity speaker add a great lot? Where did they tap in for the sub? Hi Level wiring? thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sorento EX V6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All with the original head unit? If so, do the Infinity speaker had a great lot? Where did they tap in for the sub? Hi Level wiring? thanks for sharing.
I believe the instructions had them tap into something from behind the head unit.

yes it is the factory head unit. The speakers are great. Much better clarity. Anytime I stick with the stock Head unit I use infinity reference. They don’t need an amp to drive the best sound performance.

Infinity ref 6.5”

·
Registered
2016 Kia Sorento SX
6 Posts
i want to add this to my 16 SX w/Infinity and wanted to know where did you get your power source? I saw the ImStricken youtube video install so tapping the audio source into the back of the head unit is doable, but where did you get your power from? Is it a simple tap into the fuse box? Also did you mount the sub to the floor or did you just leave it under the seat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts