Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since November last year my car has been stuttering and on a cold start or when I first crank it up after it’s been sitting for a while. I’ve done cleaned my grounds cleaned my throttle body and my idle air control valve. The car recently gotten a tune up with new wires plugs and coil packs. Also put a new fuel pump assembly in it has well. I’m thinking it might be my injectors are dirty and need to be cleaned. any ideas or anything

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
32 Posts
I'd try 2 containers of
Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner before pulling apart your injectors.

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd try 2 containers of
Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner before pulling apart your injectors.
I’ve tried fuel system cleaner injector cleaner as well still doesn’t do it any justice. When I did my grounds it stopped for like 2 weeks but it was hotter outside.

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clean your battery terminals, if it doesn't help replace/add another ground wire.
Thanks I’m going to check my alternator today and clean the ground to that and see where that leads me I cleaned my terminal last week Bc they was off but I’ll lyk if anything works today

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul LX
32 Posts
If the wires ends were cleaned and it started ok for a week or two. It might be a corroded wire, ether add or replace your ground wire to the engine.

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the wires ends were cleaned and it started ok for a week or two. It might be a corroded wire, ether add or replace your ground wire to the engine.
Alright will check today when I’m under the car

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alternator is good and all the wires are clean still doing it when it’s cold

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,263 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would help if the OP gives us a description of what he calls "Stuttering", and if its what I guess "misfiring", then in that case the Idle Air Control valve wouldn't be the cause.

If it is misfiring then best start with reading the stored codes.
It’s sputters for like 5 seconds and then idles right and some times there will be a misfire code that pops up but the car stops misfiring after it idles correctly

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would help if the OP gives us a description of what he calls "Stuttering", and if its what I guess "misfiring", then in that case the Idle Air Control valve wouldn't be the cause.

If it is misfiring then best start with reading the stored codes.
It’s sputters for like 5 seconds and then idles right and some times there will be a misfire code that pops up but the car stops misfiring after it idles correctly. Just really frustrating I’m going to to take pcv valve of and clean it

·
Registered
2006 Kia spectra5
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank ya I got a vid this morning u can hear it but today wasn’t as bad as usual!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts